VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I want to adjust the length of some subtitle files I have (.sub format).

Specifically, I simply want to reduce the amount of time the last subtitle is displayed by only a few seconds (long story). However, I do not want to go through the hassle of OCR and converting to an .srt format.

The problem is, I can't find any subtitle editor programs capable of directly handling .sub/.idx files. They always seem to default to trying to convert to .srt files with OCR.

Any tips?

I tried using the old vobsub package, but it doesn't seem to run on my system. I'd prefer it if any alternative software is recommended instead.

Thanks,

Odai.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can edit the VobSub timings in SubtitleCreator. Open the subtitles, double-click on the begin and/or end timing and change it to whatever you like and then resave.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hello,

Thanks for your response!

I'll look into that software, but I'm just wondering if there is anyway I can simply edit the .idx files (which is where I assume all the timing info is) using a text editor like notepad? I've tried, but all I can find are 'start' timestamps, and no way to change when the subs end.

Also, it's not a sync issue, I simply want to truncate the last subtitle.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Can't can't the idx for ending times in notepad. I use SubtitleCreator for that.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hello,

Does SubtitleCreator edit .sub/.idx files? From what I can tell, it will only convert text based subs into .sub/.idx.

Thanks,

Odai.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Odaik View Post
    Does SubtitleCreator edit .sub/.idx files?
    I already said it does. I even explained how to do it.
    Quote Quote