VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello!

HTML5 video with HEVC. IS it possible with a proper browser?

Are there any browsers which can use "system codecs"? Or intalled codecs?

What do you think about that?
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's possible, but there is nothing yet because licensing fees $ have not been finalized

Browsers will use their own included codecs, not system installed or 3rd party codecs
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    It's possible, but there is nothing yet because licensing fees $ have not been finalized

Browsers will use their own included codecs, not system installed or 3rd party codecs
    Did you test all of the famous browsers?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Stears555 View Post
    It's possible, but there is nothing yet because licensing fees $ have not been finalized

No

But there might be some beta or private builds out there with HEVC support. Report back if you find them
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Stears555 View Post

No

But there might be some beta or private builds out there with HEVC support. Report back if you find them
    It is just a hevc plugin:
    http://www.divx.com/en/software/technologies/hevc

you can experience the latest video standard for quality and compression. By using the new DivX HEVC profiles supported in DivX Converter, Player and Web Player, you can create DivX HEVC videos in MKV at file sizes smaller than H.264 and watch DivX HEVC videos on any computer and in your favorite browser. HEVC, or H.265 is the successor to H.264 and strives to deliver video with equivalent quality with bitrate savings of up to 50 percent. HEVC is critical for streaming high-quality video even in congested network environments, and will be a driving factor in the delivery of 4K content to new Ultra HD displays.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I forgot DivX had a HTML implementation ! I haven't tried it yet, only the encoder .

So you can embed their web player
    http://www.divx.com/en/software/web-player
    Quote Quote  
  7. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    I see, the DivX people have hired Stears555

Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by el heggunte View Post

Illegal emoticon usage detected ! That's not one of the native ones!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So the HEVC video is available now for web-players with Divx.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Stears555 View Post
    So the HEVC video is available now for web-players with Divx.
    Good luck with that! The vast majority of users don't have enough CPU power to play anything above SD resolutions without stuttering / de-syncing (if that's a word). Maybe in a couple of years it might be feesable.

Have fun setting up your website with the Divx265 enabled player. Do post a link when you get it working.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!