VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    Recently i tried to open a Xvid or Divx Videos on my pc using BSplayer, and could not play it cause it showed me a message indicating "Directshow no installed", when i try to play videos on Media Player Classic Home, displays the error message "Failed to query the needed interfaces for playback", I have updated Directx, reinstalled K-Lite_Codec_Pack, and nothing has happened; I still have no video playback please help me!!!
    Last edited by jarko; 19th Jul 2014 at 07:20.
    JKoniak
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    It looks like "something" has royally screwed the operating system of your machine...

I mean, supposing the Registry has gone very-corrupted, reinstalling DirectX will not fix that.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Is there any chance to fix it?
    JKoniak
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jarko View Post
    Is there any chance to fix it?
    Did you try Vlc?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi,
    Ok, Vlc is working but nothing else. I can use it but still I'm hoping то find sоме way to fix my problem.

P.S>
    I tried to update nVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 video card drivers and I was not able.
    JKoniak
    Quote Quote  
  6. Usual K-Lite Codec Pack make problems
    BSPlayer and Media Player Classic Home don't need K-Lite Codec Pack to play video files
    Uninstall K-Lite Codec Pack or other Codec Packs, restart and see if its solve problem
    Quote Quote  
  7. Nothing Changed !
    JKoniak
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try downloading and running the "DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer." This will attempt to make sure your DirectX 9 (and earlier) installation is up-to-date and has all the necessary components, and will download and install as necessary. I don't know if it'll fix a 'broken' DirectX setup, assuming yours is indeed broken, but it's worth a try.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If things are truly as broken as you are claiming, you might just need to do a clean OS reinstall.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  10. Really is it so serious?

P.S.
    The DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer didn't change anything.
    JKoniak
    Quote Quote  
  11. try Start -> Run -> copy paste: regsvr32 quartz.dll
    and download install Windows media player
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1: Check if system restore is enabled ... if so select a restore point prior to the fault ... reboot and try again.

If fail, then

2: Boot into either recovery mode or safe mode with command prompt.

Follow ms article on replacing corrupted registry with systems backups, reboot and try again ... this usually requires other programs, games to be reinstalled.

If fail, then

3: In order

A: Image drive to external drive ... macrium reflect
    B : Download latest av (usually avg free or avast free)
    C: Locate and download all system required driver packages
    D: Check hd health using smart tools ... hddscan ... check RAW value, if greater than 40% time for new hd

4: Reinstall os, system board drivers, then remaining drivers, av, (reconnect to net), continue with installs to software and games.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @jarko, yes it kind of is serious. Directshow is CORE to standard multimedia playback on Windows computers. If it's complaining of a problem with it's CORE, it could very well be time to do a full round of "cleaning house".

Regardless, as Bjs mentions, do a full backup and/or drive imaging, plus troubleshooting using basic PC system health checks, to rule out all the usual suspects.

And STOP USING such a foolishly careless & scattershot technique as K-Lite (or ANY of the "codec packs"). If you want an ALL-IN-ONE, go with something self-contained such as MPC-HC or VLC (which, as you can see, still works due to internalized codecs). You've been warned - don't let it happen again the NEXT TIME.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  14. Hi,

Thanks guys for your help!
    I used my Windows installation Disc and I tried to re-install Windows, I chose the Update command, and somehow it helped to solve my problem.
    Your advices and help were really handy.
    JKoniak
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!