VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi

I read around and heard people been saying Avi.net is one of the best tool for converting Media to AVI(Xvid) so i try it. I have a Final Fnatasy X-2 MPEG clip, it originally have 2 black bar top and bottom. When i convert it to AVI using avi.net it auto remove the 2 black bar which stretch the video. Any one know to fix this?

thanks alot...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Always best to crop black bars. The player should playback with the original aspect ratio, which means the bars get reinserted if the AR is wider than the display. Sounds like your problem is playback related.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It should have cropped the bars, but it should not have stretched the video. The bars are a waste of space and data when encoding, and are not required for playback on your PC or a divx/xvid capable player.

Depending on what has happened, you may be able to fix the output with mpeg4modifier by changing the Display Aspect Ratio
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I double check the playback with media player classic, elecard, powerdvd, its still stretch the video.
    and actually my video have no black bars, i was mistake by look at the playback.

I try a different video file and the convertion went fine, i guess the problem is my video somehow.

thanks anyway.
    Quote Quote