VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Question for the forum. I'm a novice at authoring Blu-Ray DVDs. I have a PC running Windows Vista. I also have a Blu-Ray burner. I took raw M2TS files from my Canon camcorder and burned them to BD-R media using Windows Vista. I played them on my Blu-Ray player and the quality doesn't seem to be high-def. I'm not sure if its the video I shot, the burning process, the camcorder, or something else. Will just burning a BD-R DVD using Windows Vista create a high def disc or do I need to do something different? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. If your files started as HD, there's nothing in the process you described that would have changed it. Check your camera settings and source files. Let us know.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    If your files started as HD, there's nothing in the process you described that would have changed it. Check your camera settings and source files. Let us know.
    I second that.
    Also, I think you may benefit if you were to check the settings on your TV.
    Have a play with the contrast and sharpening. It can work wonders.
    Ditto for the camera settings.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hockeyman99 View Post
    I have a PC running Windows Vista. I also have a Blu-Ray burner. I took raw M2TS files from my Canon camcorder and burned them to BD-R media using Windows Vista. I played them on my Blu-Ray player and the quality doesn't seem to be high-def. I'm not sure if its the video I shot, the burning process, the camcorder, or something else. Will just burning a BD-R DVD using Windows Vista create a high def disc or do I need to do something different? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Vista has DVD-maker built-in and if you used that it will dumb down and re-encode all acceptable HD sources and create a legit DVD, which is happily just SD. Not sure how you were able to use a blu-ray blank for that. Can you open up that disk in explorer and display here a snapshot of its contents? On its own, there is nothing in windoze itself that will create a full-compliant blu-ray disc with HD files as source, such as those that came from your canon (I assume they are HD because, unlike Sony which allows some MPEG2 SD modes, a Canon AVCHD camcorder will only create HD). Assuming the files are already blu-ray compliant, you have to install a separate blu-ray authoring program to do that. Look at the tools section of videohelp.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
  5. Good point. I assumed the OP meant he had just burned his files as data.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I second that...
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!