VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Ok. I've got one that I have't ben able to find a proper solution via google.

After creating an FLV video, I suddenly realized that I left out the audio. (I turn down the
    audio when I'm creating videos that I'm testing for visual imperfections, etc)
    So, now my flv has no audio and I want to mux the track from my AC3->wav on my other
    computer into this one on this computer

Because the audio in question has a dealy of 1200ms, that creates a problem with muxing
    it into the flv. So, to be sure, I loaded the orginal video back into virtualdub and imported
    the .wav file and set the interlace (delay) to 1200ms, and the short video plays in sync
    perfectly.

Now I want to re-encode this using my usualy ffmpeg front end tool, but I don't know how
    to set it up to include the delay.

---

Note, I found this on google, but its too confusing to figure out:

--> http://howto-pages.org/ffmpeg/#delay

DELAYING THE AUDIO OR THE VIDEO

Depending on how your original files were generated, it could happen that the sound and the picture become out of sync when you start processing them with ffmpeg. Thankfully, there's a mechanism that will allow you to stagger the audio and video with respect to each other in the output, thus bringing them back into alignment
    - the "-itsoffset" option, which is used this way:

$ ffmpeg -i input_1 -itsoffset 00:00:03.5 -i input_2

Thanks for any input,
    -vhelp 4546
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    (Audio Delay Issue and remuxing: Partially RESOLVED)

Ok. I had enough After countless trial n error I could not obtain the answer using ffmpeg
    and using the above methods, plus other ideas found via google. It could have been the build
    that I was using -- there are many. Anyway.

Although I was hoping to use ffmpeg and a one-click solution method to my tool to do this step,
    I resorted to using virtualdubmod and then adding the 1200ms delay and recreating a new avi,
    instead, and then re-encoding a new flv video. I guess there are some things you can't do in
    certain tools. oh well.

In case others are following..

Although the audio delay issue was resolve through the usage of virtualdubmod, at this time,
    ffmpeg was not up to the mission.. it failed.

-vhelp 4547
    Quote Quote