VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

After a lot of search, I 've check like 10 software programms like Subtitle Workshop, Subtitle Edit, Subtitle Creator, Open subtitle Editor, Media Subtitler, AegiSub, Gaupol,...
    None of them has the option to work with SMPTE mode HH:MM:SS:FF

P.S. Sub Station Alpha has an option but the option is ghosted, and also it is useless to work without video display.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can't create the subs in whatever program you like and then convert them afterwards?

The only subtitle format I know that uses that timing is SON. You can create them in MaestroSBT (and in SubRip) by feeding an SSA subtitle into it. It's image-based, though, and you seem to be looking for a text-based subtitle format.
    Last edited by manono; 1st Apr 2012 at 13:50.
    Quote Quote  
  3. hi manono, thanks for the reply
    I have read like thousand post of yours the past months!! : )

Originally Posted by manono View Post
    You can't create the subs in whatever program you like and then convert them afterwards?
    i could but this can be time-consuming

i am not intent to use this format (if exists).. I only want to take the data, so i can manually apply hardsubtitling with another software. I need somthing like that for a quick preview, so i don't have to wait for rendering to see the result.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I had to leave for quite a while to go and do something else. SON is the only one I know that uses that timing convention. Is it useful for your needs since it's an image-based format? I edited the previous post.

As for time-consuming, it doesn't consume all that much time to do the conversion. I don't really know of any program that creates SON subs from scratch (maybe there's some professional program you can use), and I don't know of a way to hardsub them (without first converting them to ... maybe VobSubs using Son2Sub).
    Quote Quote  
  5. ok, I worked with Trial and error method to achive correct timing, I can use the data from .son file.
    thank you once again!
    Quote Quote