VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is 624x350 High Definition
    Quote Quote  
  2. Generally 1280x720 is the minimum considered HD.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Generally 1280x720 is the minimum considered HD.
    what is hdtv? someone offered me a disc he taped from tv. it is hdtv. Would it look ok on a 32inch flat scvreen
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Dopey2013 View Post
    what is hdtv?
    https://www.videohelp.com/glossary?H#HDTV.

someone offered me a disc he taped from tv. it is hdtv. Would it look ok on a 32inch flat scvreen
    LOL! How do you "tape" to a disc? I think maybe you mean that someone recorded a tv show to a digital disc.
    No, discs are not "hdtv". An HDTV is a TV display device, not a disc.
    A disc can contain video data in many formats. Is it a DVD? AVCHD? BluRay? Do you have a disc player for it?
    A "flat screen" isn't necessarily an HDTV. CRT's came in flat screens, too. I think you mean you have an LCD television set.

If you want to know if the disc will display on your TV, put it in a player and find out. If the disc was made correctly, it should play anywhere. We wouldn't know if the disc is SD or HD. But it should play on any TV whether the TV is HDTV or not.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by LMotlow View Post
    what is hdtv?
    https://www.videohelp.com/glossary?H#HDTV.

someone offered me a disc he taped from tv. it is hdtv. Would it look ok on a 32inch flat scvreen
    LOL! How do you "tape" to a disc? I think maybe you mean that someone recorded a tv show to a digital disc.
    No, discs are not "hdtv". An HDTV is a TV display device, not a disc.
    A disc can contain video data in many formats. Is it a DVD? AVCHD? BluRay? Do you have a disc player for it?
    A "flat screen" isn't necessarily an HDTV. CRT's came in flat screens, too. I think you mean you have an LCD television set.

If you want to know if the disc will display on your TV, put it in a player and find out. If the disc was made correctly, it should play anywhere. We wouldn't know if the disc is SD or HD. But it should play on any TV whether the TV is HDTV or not.
    yes lol
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!