VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, everyone.

I recently bought a LGP in order to record fighting game matches at local tournaments I'm planning on hosting. This is my first capture device and I must admit I'm a newbie at this, but I'm also very systematical, meaning I followed the device's installation instructions extra carefully. Here's what's happening:

Whenever I hook up the LGP, I get sluggish gameplay. Unfortunately I can't describe it very well - it's some sort of lag/delay. The game seems to run smoother/faster without the LGP between my console (a PS3) and my 32" TV (a Sony Bravia KDL-32EX655). Furthermore, this "delay" gets worse if I start recording.
    (I suppose I should point out that I'm not talking about the recording preview that shows up on my computer monitor, but rather the output on my TV.)

It's not something that renders the game unplayable, but, for fighting games, it's more than enough to make players complain.
    Here's what I've tried so far in order to solve the issue:

- Tested other HDMI cables, including the one provided by avermedia;
    - Updated LGP's firmware;
    - Turned off unnecessary Windows features;
    - Reduced the quality of the output files (this seemed to help a bit, no idea why).

I honestly don't think the device is to blame. If I were to guess, I'd say it's the TV, but this is all very new to me so I can't be sure. Anyway, I was hoping you guys could help me out by pointing out possible causes and suggesting what to do. It'd be great if I could at least isolate the problem.

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You do realize the ps3 input for the device is component only, not hdmi.

As such you need to change the consoles output to component, swap cables, set tv to hdmi in ... and go.

Same for the xbox 360 for some capture devices.

And welcome to the forum
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Bjs View Post
    You do realize the ps3 input for the device is component only, not hdmi.
    As such you need to change the consoles output to component, swap cables, set tv to hdmi in ... and go.
    Same for the xbox 360 for some capture devices.
    And welcome to the forum
    Thanks, Bjs, and thank you for replying.

Yes, I do. Like I said, I followed the instructions carefully. Besides, if I set the ps3's output to anything but component, tv goes blank.

I've been brainstorming and come up with a possible solution:

Maybe the "monitor out" is not a direct passthrough and has some level of signal processing in-line, which would result in the delay I'm noticing. So I thought I could split the signal before the LGP and take one side directly to my display and the other side to the LGP. The only problem is how to split the signal. Because of the ps3's HDCP, I can only connect it to the LGP via an A/V cable (photo) that came included.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg
Views:	2890
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	25539

1) Are there any splitters that I can use with said cable?
    2) According to this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWPTWjUJAzY), the splitter (a Sewell) can bypass the HDCP. Is this true? Can I use any splitter or should I be looking for a specific type/brand?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!