VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum Production Suite - ( v. 10 ) and on many occassions I have to read something off the help menu, to learn how to do something. This help menu let you search by topic, keyword ,etc. What I'd like to do is to printout the whole content of this menu so that I can read whatever topic I need without having to run the software on my PC and go to this help menu. Is there any way that I can achieve this?. Can I extract it from the installation CD, save it and try to print it out from another PC where I'm not allowed to install software but use a faster printer than the one I have at home?. I'm refering to the content of the help menu not to the user manual.

Thank you all.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I know you don't want to download the manual but you could extract sections out of the manual and print that couldn't you?

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/manuals

If you just want snippets of the help screen then just highlight the part you want then copy and paste into notepad and print that.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for your reply, but I do have the user manual printout. What I'm looking for is not the manual but the help topics of the software. You browse the help topics by keyword. content, etc and then it shows and explanation of what you have to do. You can then printout that particular topic, but not the whole pages of what is convered under help. That's what I'm looking for, to able to printout the whole help file and not page by page/Got it?.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I don't think you can very easily.

I think that "help" you're referring to is online help and requires internet connection . You would have to rip it all with maybe some spider/browsing software and maybe compile it all into a .chm
    Quote Quote  
  5. Did you try my 2nd suggestion. I tried it and it works.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    Did you try my 2nd suggestion. I tried it and it works.

Isn't the pdf manual content different than the online help topics ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The Sony Vegas online Help files are .chm files to be found in the Sony Shared Plug-ins folder. I copy and paste as Treetops suggests (or right-click/select/print), if I feel the need for printed copy, but to me they are best used from inside the application.
    And the pdf manual content is different. Like it says there, Quick Start Manual is intended to help you learn the basic skills you need to create a Vegas Music Studio project. If you need more assistance, we provide two varieties of help in the application, Online Help and Show Me How tutorials.
    Last edited by vkmast; 15th Dec 2012 at 18:01.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Like the online Help in the application is .chm or could even be html. One should be able to use the mouse to select, copy, and paste from those media.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 24th Mar 2014 at 13:00.
    Quote Quote  
  9. What I said.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Yes you're right

The Sony Vegas online Help files are .chm files to be found in the Sony Shared Plug-ins folder.
    This is where I was wrong - they are not actually "online" - they are actually included in the standard install

But is he looking to print ALL the chm files and their content ? Not just a certain specific topic ? I don't know of an easy way to do that

That's what I'm looking for, to able to printout the whole help file
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    What I said.
    Yes, I had you credited with saying that and my post was just echo. I'll revise that. I don't know how the first part of my post got deleted (my fault). Will edit.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 24th Mar 2014 at 13:00.
    Quote Quote