VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I still haven't figured out how to in YEARS of using VD. I download all the plugins I could find from various threads posted here on opening mp4 files. I unzipped them all & placed the folders in the VirtualDub plugin folder. Still can't open mp4 files. I downloaded VirtualDubMod, because I heard it can open mp4/wmv files. NOPE, it too doesn't open the files. Is there a EXACT STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS???
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    1 - Go to the link

2 - Find
    Virtualdub import plugins/filters section

3 - Download all necessary plugin (Quicktime, Directshow and FFMPEG inputs)

4 - Run VD, open file, select any plugin above and choice your file.

Success!!!

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    1 - Go to the link

2 - Find
    Virtualdub import plugins/filters section

3 - Download all necessary plugin (Quicktime, Directshow and FFMPEG inputs)

4 - Run VD, open file, select any plugin above and choice your file.

Success!!!

Claudio
    I selected Open File in VD, but the only option that isn't greyed out is 'open video file' & the plugins don't appear when I search for them in their folders. I tried dragging the plugins into VD, but I get a error when doing so. Help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by IAMMADASHELL View Post
    I selected Open File in VD, but the only option that isn't greyed out is 'open video file' & the plugins don't appear when I search for them in their folders. I tried dragging the plugins into VD, but I get a error when doing so. Help.
    In VD folder, create a new folder named plugins32 and extract download files.

Now Your VD will open the files.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    Originally Posted by IAMMADASHELL View Post
    In VD folder, create a new folder named plugins32 and extract download files.

Now Your VD will open the files.

Claudio
    I have to be doing something wrong, because that still doesn't make the files appear when I choose file > open video file > plugins32 > specific codec folder.
    The files in my plugin folder are stuff like this:
    DShowInputDriver.vdplugin
    Quicktime.vdplugin

They do not appear when opening & selecting them from open file.
    I tried creating a plugin folder inside VirtualDub folder, I tried renaming itplugin32, then plugin64, then I tried this in VirtualDubMod & then downloaded older version & tried it on that. NONE OF THEM WORK!
    Last edited by IAMMADASHELL; 19th Jul 2013 at 12:23.
    Quote Quote  
  6. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    1) make sure you use a 32-bit VirtualDub plus 32-bit plugins

2) make sure you're NOT using Windows 8

3) except for the DirectShow plugin, all the other ones allow you to open the non-AVI files directly, so maybe there's something very-wrong in your system, OR you misunderstood everything Cauptain has said
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	VDub-plugins32.png
Views:	1856
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	18935  

Last edited by El Heggunte; 19th Jul 2013 at 12:42.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I have Windows 7 & have a 64 bit OS if that matters to any of this?
    Quote Quote  
  8. O.K here is what I did & what I am currently doing.

-I downloaded latest 64 bit version of VirtualDub & unzipped it, in it contained a folder called plugins64.

-I then proceeded to downloaded all the 64bit plugin/filters & unzipped them.

-I moved all the newly unzipped plugin folders into the VirtualDub plugins64 folder.

Now, I start up the VirtualDub.exe & try opening a mp4 or wmv file in it & it gives me an error doing so, same thing when drag & drop those files into VD.

With VirtualDub open, I select the top left most option, called the FILE option & then select OPEN VIDEO FILE & I try to load one of the many .vdplugin from the plugins64 folder, but the folders appear empty inside when I select them.

If I drag & drop the vdplugin directing into VD, it also gives me an error message.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?
    Last edited by IAMMADASHELL; 19th Jul 2013 at 14:03.
    Quote Quote  
  9. SON OF A .....

I figured out the problem.
    I was placing the entire unzipped plugin folders into the plugins64 folder, what I HAD to do was to specifically place the individual 64-bit.vdplugin DIRECTLY to the plugins64 folder.

Them being in a sub-folder inside the plugins64 folder made VirtualDub not recognize nor load them on startup! That was a case of frustration for two days
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's probably better to use 32-bit Virtualdub instead of 64-bit. Anyway here is a procedure you can use that should work if you have the "FFMpeg Source" plugin:

Name:	V_Dub.png
Views:	21366
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	18936  

Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  11. I noticed some problems with the 64 bit version a few days ago, when I tried to reverse the video with reverse.avs like I did in previous VD builds & it wouldn't let me. Read somewhere that the 64 bit build was the problem. So the 64 bit release isn't recommended at all?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi IAMMADASHELL,

Virtualdub X64 is limited. Use X86 version.

Please, download my Virtualdub file. Its have all plugins + export MP4 external encoder too (many thanks to Budman1).

Virtualdub:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/nuadsclz2edltxh/Virtualdub.7z

See this video. Its show how to Virtualdub opening MP4 files.

Opening MP4 with Virtualdub video:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6n6pdpbw2eyou9q/Virtualdub_opening_mp4.mp4

Any doubt, reply.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Glad it worked Cauptain. I also posted a ton of information, especially about VirtualDub and a DOCX file that is pretty in depth on problems you usually run into with VirtualDub. It also has a lot of links for the plugins, filters, etc. that you may need. Just in case you have time http:/www.budmansite.com .
    Quote Quote  
  14. it seems like you folks are virtualdub experts, and I am still banging my head against big wall to make it working under Linux or Mac OSX. any help? or may be I will ask same in a very specific forum.
    Last edited by enim; 20th Jul 2013 at 01:53.
    Quote Quote  
  15. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    @ Budman1: thanks for the URL ( bookmarked already ),

however your site DOES have a serious design flaw:

Name:	Budman-Homepage.png
Views:	699
Size:	550.8 KB
ID:	18953  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Unfortunately, that is a GoDaddy site and while it shows fine on my screen, others do not I guess. I'll contact them and in the mean time try to rearrange stuff. Thanks for the heads up.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_15 Jul. 20 00.56.jpg
Views:	662
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	18954
    Quote Quote  
  17. vd work whit external codec install codec ffdshow ,aac-acm ,lame , mp3 ,avisynt ,ac3-acm ,quiktime alternative ,realmedia alternative ,x264wfv
    download http://free-codecs.com/
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    Hi IAMMADASHELL,

Virtualdub X64 is limited. Use X86 version.

Please, download my Virtualdub file. Its have all plugins + export MP4 external encoder too (many thanks to Budman1).

Virtualdub:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/nuadsclz2edltxh/Virtualdub.7z

See this video. Its show how to Virtualdub opening MP4 files.

Opening MP4 with Virtualdub video:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6n6pdpbw2eyou9q/Virtualdub_opening_mp4.mp4

Any doubt, reply.

Claudio
    OBRIGADAÃÃÃÃÃÃÃOOO Cláudio!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote