VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm using latest version of DVDFab to do a straight rip from BluRay to ISO (movie only) and can't understand why I'm seeing pixelations when playing them back on my WDTV Live Media Streaming Player from an attached USB hard drive. This happens on *every* BluRay movie I rip. I look at the BluRay disk closely and even if it appears clean, I wipe softly from the center outward with a glass-cleaner tissue before ripping. Even after that, still see artifacts on playback. I thought it may be a random occurrence on the WDTV but the anomaly happens at the same place of the movie so I'm very confident it is the rip. I never have problems like this when ripping DVDs and thought that BluRay ripping, like DVDs, produces an exact copy of the disc so I'm at a loss why this is happening. Any suggestions appreciated.

Rip Hardware:
    LG Electronics 10X Internal SATA Blu-ray Disc Rewriter WH10LS30 in USB external enclosure via USB 2.0.
    Dell Inspiron 1520
    DVDFab (latest version, unregistered)

Play back Hardware:
    1TB WD 10EADS in USB 2.0 enclosure.
    WD Live Streaming Media Player connected via HDMI to Samsung TV.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    So you are using DVDFab's Blu Ray COPY feature.....right?
    http://www.dvdfab.com/blu-ray-copy.htm
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Does it look okey on your computer? Probably something wrong with the wdtv player then.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I am using the BluRay copy feature of DVDFab.

Using the same movie and same time, it has the same anomaly in the same place when playing on my computer with VLC.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  5. You could try using MakeMKV to copy main movie to your harddrive, and play it on your computer.
    If the anomaly persists, at the same time mark, then it is probably a faulty disc (a bad pressing, perhaps). It happens.
    It may be a bug in DVDFab (look for an update), but if it is in the same place after using another program then it is a disc fault.
    Take it back to where you bought it and ask for a replacement.
    Last edited by transporterfan; 29th Apr 2012 at 13:50.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the responses. I'm starting to thing it is my bluray drive. It was an emerging technology at the time (2010) for computer and probably wasn't *there* yet. What's puzzling is that I can play it on a regular bluray player to the TV and no anomolies.
    Quote Quote