VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to ask about Avermedia Prodcut Capture Card or ANOTHER brand, before decide to buy.

I just bought 2 Capture Card Desklink Mini Recorder (BMD), but i think i just wasted my money. Because i got the prolem "HDCP" when capture PC to PC.

I builded this studio for game streaming (LOL & DOTA 2). 2 Mini Recorder in Streaming (broadcast) PC (call PC3) and capture from PC1 & PC2 via HDMI output port of VGA card <<< this is my work flow.

But i got the this problem: http://prntscr.com/3sbusw

So now, there are some product support record Another PC via HDMI. I want to know which capture card support my work flow and don't have HDCP prolem like as BMD card. Please give me some solution & which cards support

Thank you.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	studio.PNG
Views:	449
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	25719  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The problem is not the card. If a hdcp signal is sent over hdmi, no card on its own will capture it.

Check the topic(s) on hdcp strippers. Take care tho since some work while others do not.
    Quote Quote  
  3. i just want to know how to capture PC to PC, maybe don't want to use HDMI port, so what is the solution? Convert VGA port to Components, ..... something like that.
    Quote Quote  
  4. There is a hack for some of Avermedia's HDMI capture products that allows you to capture HDCP protected HDMI.

You can also use an HDMI splitter that includes an HDCP stripper. Then any HDMI capture device will work.

Search these forums for examples.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Hiruto View Post
    i just want to know how to capture PC to PC, maybe don't want to use HDMI port, so what is the solution? Convert VGA port to Components, ..... something like that.
    If you do need a capture card for VGA, there is this:
    http://www.startech.com/AV/Converters/Video/PCI-Express-HD-Video-Capture-Card-1080p-HD...onent~PEXHDCAP

However I don't see why you could not make use of one of the HDCP solutions provided to you if you prefer to capture from HDMI or DVI instead.
    Quote Quote  
  6. An HDCP stripper will cost you about US$25. It will also let you capture other HDCP protected HDMI sources, like cable and satellite boxes, with your HDMI capture device.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    An HDCP stripper will cost you about US$25. It will also let you capture other HDCP protected HDMI sources, like cable and satellite boxes, with your HDMI capture device.
    Thank you so much!
    Quote Quote  
  8. i can not find which hardware have the price US$25 @@.

PC1 (or PC2) ----> HDMI out via VGA card ----> HDfury - Splitter 4k or HDfury - Dr HDMI ----> Desklink Mini Recorder ----> Streaming PC <<< does it work?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Hiruto View Post
    i can not find which hardware have the price US$25 @@.

PC1 (or PC2) ----> HDMI out via VGA card ----> HDfury - Splitter 4k or HDfury - Dr HDMI ----> Desklink Mini Recorder ----> Streaming PC <<< does it work?
    You need to find an inexpensive powered HDMI spltter that strips HDCP as a side effect. The brand names and model numbers for the splitters that have this feature may differ, depending on the country where they are being sold. Are there popular gaming forums based in your country? If so, then chances are that some of the members have posted information on this subject.

Your diagram is far too complicated. Just find the right HDMI splitter and make your life easy. PC1 (or PC2) HDMI out ---->HDMI Splitter---> Desklink Mini Recorder ----> Streaming PC
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 14th Jun 2014 at 14:12. Reason: grammar
    Quote Quote  
  10. Here's one of the posts in the big HDCP stripper thread:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/334145-HDCP-strippers?p=2239979&viewfull=1#post2239979

ViewHD and CVID are two of the importers of such devices.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!