VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A local pro just told me to use a gel to make sure veins don't show up on video shot with normal compact flourescent lighting. Not sure if I need to spend the extra $20 to pick up some gels (ie. cellpophane type material) to place over the flourescent lights.

Apparently, lower cost flourescnet lights can show veins? Anyone have issues with this?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Isn't that why orange studio makeup is used?

I never heard of veins popping but without makeup pale complexions turn ghostly.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was wondering about the same thing but apparently, as per the pro, lower cost floruescent bulbs tend to do this. Maybe it's the lower temperature (3K range instead of the 5K range)? Not too sure so thought to check here first. I am leaning towards trying them out first and only buying the gel if results aren't good. Any thoughts?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been in the production field since the late '70s, and I've never experienced anything like that. Frankly, I'm convinced it's a myth. If someone has evidence to prove otherwise, please post some screenshots.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After all the great feedback, I think I am going to hold off on teh gels until I see the final results. Thanks all!
    Quote Quote