VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I apologize if this is in the wrong section and if this subject is a bit of an old hat, but I am having some trouble with some .MOV files I shot today on a ContourHD ROAM helmet camera. For some reason three of my seven files I shot earlier in the day are playable and 100% fine, however the last four are all corrupted. I've been scouring the internet for fixes, programs, etc. that can help get my files back with no results so far. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could possibly recommend a program or method I could try to fix up these files, or offer their services in repairing them I can compensate you for your time Thank You
    Quote Quote  
  2. *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the quick response, themaster. I have a few quick questions for you though. I apologize in advance if they are a bit asinine, but I am very new to getting into video editing/repair/etc. 1. For the ''un-delete software'', is there a certain program you wold recommend I give a try? 2. Similar to the question above, what would be your personal suggestion for a Data Recovery and HeX Editor program? (If different from the other gentlemen's suggestions) Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I don't have a suggestion about the best software, but I do have a WARNING. ALWAYS make the drive that your restored files get saved to be a different drive than the drive they are being restored from!

This prevents other files awaiting restoration from being overwritten and it allows for additional tries on files if the software didn't do a satisfactory job the first time.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried video repair tool? Try the trial/demo first and see if it can repair half the movie.
    Quote Quote  
  6. ContourHD ROAM can be repaired by http://mp4repair.org

This is a video repair service. We will take care of your damaged files.

-- Benoît
    Quote Quote