VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Greetings all!

Do any of you know how to remove a logo from a dvd? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How about a little more detail ?

If this a logo at the start of a film, or a water mark running throughout ?

Different problems require different solutions. Some are simple, some require that you pull apart the whole disc, process the video and re-encode it. Can't say which you need until you explain your problem more clearly.

Would you ring your mechanic and say "my car is making a noise, how do I stop it ?" with out telling him what sort of noise, and from where ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    How about a little more detail ?

If this a logo at the start of a film, or a water mark running throughout ?

Different problems require different solutions. Some are simple, some require that you pull apart the whole disc, process the video and re-encode it. Can't say which you need until you explain your problem more clearly.

Would you ring your mechanic and say "my car is making a noise, how do I stop it ?" with out telling him what sort of noise, and from where ?
    Ok. You're right.
    I got some movies with logo in top-right side of the movie. The logo wiil stay always, is not watermark type, making the movie so boring.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    More effort than it is worth, IMNSHO. You will have to demux the video from the disc, use a delogo filter (delogo, MSU logo removal) in virtualdubmpeg2, then re-encode the video and put it back into the DVD. Most delogo filters works best with watermark (that is, semi-transparent) logos, and are much less successful with solid colour logos. Finally, you will most likely end up replacing the current logo with either a blurry mark, or a shimmering blur.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yep guns1inger got the basics covered there.

One more note - if it is a moving logo as in the picture spins or something you will have a really bad spot left over. The movement makes it impossible to recover anything.

You can fool around with the delogo process. It does work but the results aren't perfect and you probably won't like the results after all the work you have to do.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    see if you can crop it out
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a similar problem. My DVD has an annoying flickering white line at the bottom of the screen.

I loaded the offending VOB into VirtualDubMod and used the built in filter to put a little black patch over the line. This seems to work fine. I'm now outputting to an uncompressed AVI.

Is there any way to avoid a re-encode? I'm just worried that the first VOB will look different to the parts because it's been through a re-encode process.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is no way to change the video image without re-encoding. You may also have issues just doing one VOB in the titleset, but see how you go.

Depending on what encoder you are using, you may not have to render to uncompressed avi as an interim. Use the frameserver function to pass the processed video to your encoder instead. Much less disk space required.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hai Friends Good Morning to All...

I am newbie to this site. I have one doubt to ask here about video, Please Help me

How to remove the logo from DVD using virtualDubMod, i already download this software, but i dont know how to use this, I expect good answer from you people Please help me
    Quote Quote  
  10. Put a post it on your screen
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can read https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/260207-Remove-Spoilers-Logos-etc

The screenshots doesn't work though...but you might get an idea how it works.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    And join the dvd to one single mpg with vob2mpg first.

But is it worth it???
    Quote Quote  
  13. Please give me the link to start a new thread
    Quote Quote  
  14. Thank You very much Baldrick )
    Quote Quote