VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I would like to be able to identify which of my CDs were recorded with IS9660+Joliet and which were done with ISO9660+UDF (so I can reburn them as IS9660+Joliet). Is that even possible? I looked at the utility "disktype" but that seems to be unavailable for Windows.

Thanks for any help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ImgBurn will show you this. Put it into read mode, insert your disc, and the file system(s) will appear under the source bar.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Imgburn is good, but I would say ISOBuster gives you the most detailed and comprehensive info of its kind.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sorry about the delay in replying. I decided to use Imgburn to identify the formats mainly because I've been an Imgburn user for years but never used the Read option! Thanks for the pointer. I don't need extra detail (I think) but if necessary I'll give ISOBuster a try.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    There are other thorough utilities that are/were available, but they're harder to come by now (CDMage, etc). If you had a question about a particular aspect of CD formats, I feel confident that I could answer whatever you needed answering, as I've been involved in CD creation of multiple types (AudioCD, EnhancedCD, PhotoCD, VideoCD, CDExtra, CDROM, hybrids incl. "AVCD", etc) for ~2 decades now.

Scott
    Quote Quote