VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello!

I use nero recode 2 to burn my dvd's. Im very pleased with it except for one thing... Since I got a projektor im very picky about the quality.. Therefore I almost always split the original dvd into two parts before burning it..

The first part burns just fine in recode 2, but when I try to open the second part, nero recode gives me the error message: "Nero rocode encountered an error and cannot continue, failed to open file."

Why does it give me that error message and how do I fix it?? Really whant to have them on two discs with 100% quality! I know that I can burn them on two seperate discs with other programs but I really like Recode 2..

Please help!!

Thanks in advance!

/Johan!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Forgot to say that I use dvdfab to split the dvd... Does'nt anyone know how to fix this??

I would really appreciate if someone could help me!

/Johan!
    Quote Quote  
  3. 1) If you have DVDFab still open after you split the disk, Nero can't open it, and nothing else can either. I think DVDFab can also do your burning (try a DVD RW first though). If you don't want to burn with DVDFab, make sure you shut it down after the split.

2) Try burning with Nero Burning Rom if you don't plan to shrink after you split (and why would you?).

Personally, I prefer to split with DVDRemake. There's a lot of movies that DVDFab falls over on (especially multi-PGC movies), and with Remake, I have a lot more flexibility (menus on both discs, pick and choose extras, ability to split titles with multiple PGC's, ability to reprogram without resorting to a hex editor etc etc etc). Costs $30 tho.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hello!

Thanks for your answer!

I allways close dvdfab after splitting, and I've tryed burning the files in nero burning rom. It works but I dont like it.. It seems like discs that I've burnt with nero burning rom works on less players.. It's probably the settings that are'nt correct. I've read a lot of guides, but they give me different settings...

By the way.. It's nero6 that I'm using..

/Johan!
    Quote Quote  
  5. I use Nero 6.3.1.6

But - I only have 2 standalones, and only 1 (Sony) that I care about.
    Quote Quote