VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Click image for larger version

Name:	virtualdubcomb.png
Views:	305
Size:	540.7 KB
ID:	25949

Do I need to even elaborate on the "jagged lines"?

I've read through and through its interlacing related, but i've tried all sorts of deinterlacing filters with little to no difference. Also tried "swap fields" option........ the "swap field" filter.......tried I also read the lines wouldnt show up on DVD, so I converted a sample and burned a dvd, and it looks exactly like the image.

I also read it could be related to dshow chroma (but I have no idea where to set it differently)

It occurs when there is ANY movement.

Its 12AM and i'm stumped.

I am using an older Plextor PX-AV100U capture device.
    Video Camera is a Sony HandyCam.
    Tapes are 8MM
    Using RCA
    I'm capturing using NO compression YUY2

Any ideas?
    Last edited by halpme; 27th Jun 2014 at 01:11.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by halpme View Post
    tried I also read the lines wouldnt show up on DVD, so I converted a sample and burned a dvd, and it looks exactly like the image.
    but how did you watch the DVD ? On a regular DVD player setup connected to TV you shouldn't see them

If you're watching on computer, then you need to activate the software deinterlacer , or use dedicated DVD playback software (e.g. PowerDVD)

but i've tried all sorts of deinterlacing filters with little to no difference.
    ? Maybe you didn't try the ones that work ?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	0.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	25950

What is your final format goal ? If it's DVD-video playable on a regular DVD player, you should leave it interlaced
    Quote Quote  
  3. yep tried it on a regular dvd player
    Quote Quote  
  4. and i'd like to have the videos as files AND have them on dvd
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!