VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there

Just got DVDNextCopy with the sole intention of duplicating multiple DVDs to Blu-Ray (for those not in the know, it converts the entire DVDs into Blu-Ray, along with the menus). One thing it doesn't do is allow you to create your own backgrounds for the opening menu. Another piece of software, DVD-Cloner Platinum does, but will only work on 6 DVDs.

Is there any software that will allow me to change the background images on the opening menu?
    Last edited by magnu; 30th Sep 2012 at 12:46. Reason: Wrong name of software
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Do they reconvert? Or just copy the video? If they just copy I might add them to our tools list.

Nope, I don't know any other that keeps the menus and ou can adjust the background.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As I understood it only copy DVD Disc up to ten!!

See this.

DVDneXtCOPY Ultimate – $69.99
    Combines the highest possible quality and speed to produce perfect copies of all your favourite DVD movies. It comes packed with features to copy DVD movies to DVD, iPod, PSP, Zune your computer hard drive and more. It also has the ability to copy up to 10 standard DVD movies to 1 BluRay Disc (an industry first). This latest version now utilizes neXt Tech™ error correction technology to ensure the highest level of success copying and the greatest quality of the latest generation of DVD movies.

Software Features

Copy all your DVD movies to DVD, your computer, iPad/iPhone and just about every device on the market!
    • Improved and newly designed neXt Tech™, for copying your latest DVD movies
    • Copy VideoDVD to BluRay (Copy up to 10 VideoDVDs on 1 BluRay) (Industry First)
    • Copy DVD movies to your iPod, PSP, Zune (Windows Media Video)
    • Copy DVD movies to DVD
    • Copy DVD movies to your computer
    • Copies DVD Movie to One Blank Disc (No Need to Split)
    • Copy VideoDVD and Common Discs (Special Feature Disks/DigitalCopy Disks)
    • Copy episodic DVD movies
    • Copy Full Multi-Channel Audio (Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS)
    • Copy Common Disk directly to another drive (on-the-fly)
    • Copy Common Disks to DiskImage
    • Copy and Burn to Multiple devices
    • Make copies of DVD copies
    • Convert all know DiskImage Types to ISO (to open with DVDneXtCOPY)
    • Burn all known DiskImage Types with DVDneXtCOPY
    • Burn own DiskImageTypes with DVDneXtCOPY
    • Option to remove region limitations
    • Option for auto remove DTS audio stream
    • Option to erase and reuse rewriteable disks
    • Option to preview tracks before and during copying
    • Option to adjust deposit Buffer (to avoid over flowing copies)
    • Option to jump directly to menu. The copy will not play trailers
    • Option to use 1, 2 or 4 Processors (DualCore or QuadCore)
    • Supports all Dual Layer/Single Layer/BluRay discs and burners
    • Supports all SCSI, IDE, USB DVD burners/recorders
    • Supports 1x – 20x speed blank media- Supports both NTSC and PAL DVD movies
    Screen Shots

Click the screenshot below to see a larger image and browse other screenshots

System Requirements

Minimum System Requirements
    • Microsoft® Windows XP (SP2 or later), Windows Vista, Windows 7
    • 1GHz Intel/AMD processor or above
    • 256 MB of RAM (512MB or above is recommended)
    • 50MB for installation only
    • Graphic Card Super VGA (800×600) resolution, 16-bit graphics card or higher
    • A DVD burner and media
    All DVD neXt COPY Inc. products have been fully tested and supported on both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7, VISTA, XP, 2000 operating systems.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by magnu View Post
    Hi there

Just got DVDNextCopy with the sole intention of duplicating multiple DVDs to Blu-Ray (for those not in the know, it converts the entire DVDs into Blu-Ray, along with the menus).
    That may not be correct. None of the links you provided actually say this. It only says it copies up to 10 DVDs to 1 BluRay disc. You are just assuming that it also copies the menus. It is my belief that it will not do what you think it will.
    Quote Quote  
  5. It keeps stressing the term "VideoDVD", so I believe it's just the movie portion.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I haven't converted to Blu-Ray, but just ran the created disc through VLC & you're correct. No menus. Think I'll forget about this method & go back to AVCHD.

The only softwares then that converts the menus which I'm aware of are from DVD Logic (DVD2BD, etc..), but they only do one DVD, which I think is rather pointless.
    Last edited by magnu; 30th Sep 2012 at 12:43.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    But does VLC support any/all blu-ray menus? Have you tried with powerdvd, tmt, etc?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by magnu View Post
    I haven't converted to Blu-Ray, but just ran the created disc through VLC & you're correct. No menus. Think I'll forget about this method & go back to AVCHD.

The only softwares then that converts the menus which I'm aware of are from DVD Logic (DVD2BD, etc..), but they only do one DVD, which I think is rather pointless.
    I went through this whole process, making oversized dvds from several movies, then running the compilation, including the menu I made, through DVD2BD. Most of my oversized dvd videos were in the 13 to 19 gb range. DVD2BD worked most of the time, but I still had some problems now and again.

I found I could make oversized dvds in DVD Lab Pro (using a VMG menu + each movie as a separate VTS) or I could make them in AVStoDVD using a custom output size, which I set to 23500mb.
    Quote Quote  
  9. DVDRemake Pro also allows you to make oversized DVD's. You can keep merging projects together.
    Quote Quote