VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi all, I'd really appreciate your help on what I'm sure is a pretty simple task for you techies

I run a small non-profit music organization and someone made a DVD of our recent performance. The DVD is not copyrighted. I want to be able to rip the DVD by chapter and convert to smaller mpegs (to eventually use as marketing collateral on our website).

The files on the DVD, which I've copied to my hard drive are as follows:

video_ts.bup
    vts_01_0.bup
    video_ts.ifo
    vts_01_0.ifo
    video_ts.vob
    vts_01_1.vob
    vts_01_2.vob
    vts_01_3.vob
    vts_01_4.vob

Any help on how to extract and convert these into mpegs would be much appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If you can find the old DVDDecrypter program you can use it to rip by IFO and extract chapter by chapter. Other programs may be able to do this as well, but I only know that DVDDecrypter can do it. Note that this program is hard to find because the author was sued and forced to surrender his source code as part of a settlement, so you may have to look for it on Bit Torrent sites to find it. Note that you will need to play with the settings on DVDDecrypter as the default settings for IFO ripping won't do what you want. If no one suggests another way and you are able to find DVDDecrypter, look for a guide on how to use it.

DVDFab HD Decrypter might be able to rip by chapters and you can find it easily, but I don't know as I've never used it for anything but ripping an entire disc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    DVDDecrypter
    IFO Mode
    File Splitting - BY CHAPTER(under settings)
    That's if the DVD was authored by with chapter markers between songs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. With it already on the hard drive open the IFO for the songs (the VTS_01_0.IFO) in PGCDemux. Tick 'Single Cell' (aka chapter). Demux it how you want, probably by 'Creating a PGC VOB' in the 'Options' area. The result will be the chapters demuxed as playable VOB files. If you need MPG, then use VOB2MPEG on them.

https://www.videohelp.com/tools/PgcDemux
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    vob2mpg maybe
    Quote Quote