VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. PS3 Media Server won't play MPG or TS files, but it does play WMV files.

Solution?

In settings everything looks good, but it has a red cross next to the words. "Avisynth/FFmpeg".

Where do I get "Avisynth/FFmpeg" to install it?

Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yes I installed those 2 links and nothing helped, I still get a "No rendereres were found" and "AviSynth/FFmpeg" red cross.

And I followed your link to this link, but it didn't work either, why not?

http://otmanix.de/english/2009/10/11/ps3-media-server-on-windows-7-avisynth-ffdshow-coreavc/

How can I fix this for goodness sake?

And why do WMV files play but MPEG and TS files says it's NOT SUPPORTED?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not trying to offend, but this does need to be said. You are learning why for at least 3 if not 4 years now using both the PS3 and Xbox as media servers is kind of like trying to pound a square peg into a round hole. The simple fact is that not only do streaming media players like the Western Digital models and similar devices from other manufacturers just work right out of the box, they support a wide variety of file types without any hassle.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    I'm not trying to offend, but this does need to be said. You are learning why for at least 3 if not 4 years now using both the PS3 and Xbox as media servers is kind of like trying to pound a square peg into a round hole. The simple fact is that not only do streaming media players like the Western Digital models and similar devices from other manufacturers just work right out of the box, they support a wide variety of file types without any hassle.
    Focus, jman, focus, on the topic and solution. Do you know any?

Suffice to say I figured it out, all I had to do was click the little black plug icon at the bottom of the list to activate it.

But how do I get PS3 Media Server to play MPG and TS files, Xbox says they are UNSUPPORTED formats, but WMV plays.

Whenever I try to stream TS or MPEG files it says: can't play this content because it may not be supported ps3 media server.

Help?

Anyone know?

I thought Ps3 Media Server was supposed to support TS and MPEG files?
    Last edited by lovelylisa; 21st Jan 2012 at 18:43.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Anyone know please?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Oh well seems Ps3 media server can't stream MPEG or TS files Uninstalling.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yes, they do!!! Just enter ts into "skip transcode..." box in the common transcode settings. This works because MPEG-4 and MPEG-2 are natively supported.
    Quote Quote  
  8. My PS3 media server will simply stream a file if there are not subtitles in the folder and as GoLiATHatTheBox has said it should work for mpeg cause it is natively supported. Maybe there is something wrong with your settings. Or you want more than just streaming?
    Quote Quote  
  9. You could just connect your TV to your computer. Then you wont need to use this or that WD box.
    Quote Quote