VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I have a very simple WMM (WMM2, XP) project that I'm having an issue saving to DV-AVI. I imported a number of still photo images into a new WMM project, added fade transitions between each picture, and added WAV audio. Basically a PPT-like slideshow. The video and audio are the same length in the WMM editor (4:13.53). When I save the "movie" file to HQ WMV, everything seems to be the correct length and plays back fine. However, if I save to DV-AVI, the audio length seems correct but the video length is about 6 seconds too short (around 4:07). I have no idea why this would be happening, but am hoping someone has seen this before. Thanks for any insght or info!

Dave
    Quote Quote  
  2. One possibility - I edited the length of each fade from a default of 1.25 sec to 0.47 sec. Not sure if that made a difference.

I also tried removing the audio, and just outputting video to the AVI, with the same result.

Will keep trying things until I can isolate what caused it. If anyone has seen this behavior before, and can save me some time, I'd really appreciate it!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Could be one is outputting 29.97fps while the other is outputting 30fps.

Could be WMM's dv export doesn't know how to handle stills...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Doesn't WMM use that dodgy Microsoft DV codec ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Here's what I wound up doing, in the hopes that it will help someone else. My ultimate goal was to make a DVD.

Saved the movie file as WMV. Reimported the saved WMV back into WMM2, then saved that as the DV-AVI. I guess because now the video was really a video instead of a series of stills, the length of the video in the AVI was now correct.

I had the audio track in a separate WAV file originally, so I just encoded that to AC3. The DV-AVI was really just going to be for video anyway, so I used TMPGEnc/AVISynth to encode the video to MPEG2. Merged the MPEG2 and AC3 and all is well!

There are other ways to do this I'm sure, but this worked for me, and hopefully it helps someone. Thanks to those who replied to help me figure this all out.
    Quote Quote