VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a tv/monitor AKAI LCT3201TD. It's a few years old but works fine

the only problem is when I use it as a computer monitor, (using the VGA input) the screen resolution is off and everything is stretched. A perfect circle looks like an egg.

The monitor manual says the native resolution is 1366 x 768. So go into the screen settings of the operating system (windows 8) and I choose that setting, and the screen goes blank and flashes "Main Not Support."

The only setting that I can use is 1024 x 768, and this makes everything look stretched out. All other monitor settings make the screen flash "Main Not Support."

Is there any way I can fix this? like a special driver i can download or something?

thanks for any help!
    gary in vermont
    Last edited by garybeck; 14th Mar 2014 at 21:43.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My TV has the same resolution, but I can only get a screen that's in proper proportion at 1280x1024 or 1280x960 @60mhz to use it as a monitor. Try that.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Be sure to specify 60 Hz for the resolutions you already tried. Also try 1280x720 at 60 Hz.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you updated your video drivers to the latest edition?Also try hdmi to hdmi or dvi to hdmi if your video card has those ports.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by garybeck View Post
    Is there any way I can fix this? like a special driver i can download or something?
    This problem can be related directly to graphic card, graphic card driver, TV - try to use http://pixelmapping.wikispaces.com/Guide+to+1366x768 as a guide - there is no 100% always working solution thus you need to try various thing (like latest driver to you graphic card, support forum for your graphic card, perhaps some manual tweaking) also you need accept that perhaps this kind of video mode (various Wide VGA) can be not supported on TV.
    Quote Quote