VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Rendering problem when using Sony Vegas Pro 12 64bit in Windows 8.
    I just can render MOV format without any problem,
    MP4 and other format will render a Black screen video (H.264/MPEG-4 AVC) for the imported video (codec: Sony AVC). (the Sony Vegas element is still showing, which means not black screen).

There is no problem when previewing the whole video.

How to solve this problem?

Help is needed please
    Quote Quote  
  2. Save your project, then did you try rebooting ?

Did you try disabling GPU acceleration ?

All other formats affected? Is AVI export is affected ? Is image sequence export affected ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Save your project, then did you try rebooting ?

Did you try disabling GPU acceleration ?

All other formats affected? Is AVI export is affected ? Is image sequence export affected ?
    Tried rebooting.

Tried disabling GPU acceleration, not working
    by the way , my GPU is Nvidiao GEFORCE GT750m.

AVI is also affected.

Audio is working in every format I tested, but video is still blank.

Windows movie maker for windows 8 can render this video (originally is a mp4 format too, it is a video I recorded by using my Sony Xperia S) into MP4 format.

I am going to record a new video (by using a software called shadowplay, alike fraps) and re-render it in Sony Vegas, will post the result later.

extra: I have the experience of using Sony Vegas Pro 9 32bit in my desktop before, rending works flawlessly.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Are both Sony AVC MP4 and Mainconcept AVC MP4 affected ?

I was going to suggested updating nvidia drivers, but I doubt it will help (since you tried disabling GPU accel, and preivew is OK in vegas)

As a temporary workaround , you can use debugmode frameserver to frameserve into another encoder

You can also try asking at the Sony Vegas forum, but the black screen seems to occur frequently with newer versions of Vegas
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Are both Sony AVC MP4 and Mainconcept AVC MP4 affected ?

I was going to suggested updating nvidia drivers, but I doubt it will help (since you tried disabling GPU accel, and preivew is OK in vegas)

As a temporary workaround , you can use debugmode frameserver to frameserve into another encoder

You can also try asking at the Sony Vegas forum, but the black screen seems to occur frequently with newer versions of Vegas
    Is the older version of Sony Vegas 9 lacks of any important features than the Vegas 12?

I will consider to switching into a older version instead of trying to solve this annoying render issues..
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dotaplayer View Post
    I will consider to switching into a older version instead of trying to solve this annoying render issues..
    Do you obtain your versions from a reliable source?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by dotaplayer View Post

Is the older version of Sony Vegas 9 lacks of any important features than the Vegas 12?
    Not really; biggest differences are GPU acceleration, stabilization, maybe a few more effects

Ironically, it's the GPU acceleration that is the culprit behind many of the vegas issues, render issues, including stability of the program (crashes)
    Quote Quote