VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, greetings to everyone!

I am unable to convert any video to any format. I have tried all the available versions, 3.0.3.9 right now. Since, Im using Windows 7 x64, tried both the installer and compact versions. Nothing works.

After, I click on 'Encode', the Encoding window comes up and then nothing happens. Only the 'Elapsed Time' clock is working, everything else just remains still. I have tried waiting upto 5-10 mins for the conversion to initiate, but doesn't work.

The 'Cancel' button doesn't work either, have to use the Task Manager to close Xmedia Recode. The created video file is always 0 bytes in size.

Please help!

Click image for larger version

Name:	xmedia error.jpg
Views:	1437
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	9385
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried with different kind of video clips?

Or try another converter, winff, handbrake, tencoder, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the quick reply. As I said before, I am unable to convert any video to any format.

Different clips, different formats, different settings etc.

I really like Xmedia Recode. Really easy and very gud custom setting for the output file. Handles almost all audio formats, including DTS. I do not like down converting the audio.

I want to encode Hi Def videos with following settings:
    MPEG4/AVC-1
    High Profile @4.1
    2-Pass encoding
    DTS or AC3 or AAC 5.1
    MKV or MP4

None of the above mentioned Apps support all these features combined. handbrake only supports upto Main Profile @4.0. Result is bad quality HD videos.

Xmedia Recode flawlessly worked on my old AMD system.

My new system specs:
    Intel i5 Quad 3.10 GHz
    ATI Radeon HD4650 1Gb
    8 Gb DDR3
    Seagate 360Gb
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64

Edit: I have finally got it to work after installing Windows Codec Pack. Don't see a reason as to how it helped.

Now, the only issue is that it will not convert MKV to X, X to MKV or MKV to MKV. I have tried different source files and output codecs, settings.
    Last edited by maxrockpro; 29th Oct 2011 at 12:30. Reason: Missed imp points
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hurray, it's Finally, Fully, Functional. Yipee!

It's unbelievable. The issue was Bitdefender 2011. I installed version 2012 and Xmedia Recode became flawless again. But, later BD 2012 caused other system issues and I had to install Norton 2012.

Issue resolved.Click image for larger version

Name:	Fixed.jpg
Views:	1254
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	9434
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for posting your solution.
    Quote Quote