VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. muffinman123
    so right now I have 2 videos of the same event taken from 2 different perspectives. the videos are the same dimension and same codec and everything.

I want to combine these 2 videos into a single video with top half being 1 perspective and the bottom half being the other.

the video lengths are not the same because one recorded longer than the other guy, and I can't trim without reencoding because of the keyframes.

originally I used pip+ video effects for windows movie maker. even though the video lengths are different as I said before, I can easily manually adjust the overlap so I don't have to trim the videos beforehand. however pip+ only gives 2 week trial period and it's way past that now (I suppose I could try and edit the registry and see if I can reset the trial period, but I can't find any info on how to do it).

now I have read before that avisynth can do splitscreen, but it's script without a UI to adjust the overlap, so this means I will have to trim and reencode my video 1 time and then split screen and recode a 2nd time. I'd like to avoid losing quality like this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AviUtl is free and can do it easily if you are a good learner.........

Here is a splitscreen example I posted in another thread: https://forum.videohelp.com/attachments/22860-1390138081/SloMo_Comparison2.mp4
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by muffinman123 View Post

now I have read before that avisynth can do splitscreen, but it's script without a UI to adjust the overlap, so this means I will have to trim and reencode my video 1 time and then split screen and recode a 2nd time. I'd like to avoid losing quality like this.
    You just re-encode it once. You preview & adjust the script before encoding

In fact, you don't even have to re-encode , you can just "play" the script
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There are many players that will play the AVISynth script, as Poisondeathray suggested using, and when you get it correct, you can send that to you favorite editor/converter that supports AVISynth and Encode it One time. My personal choices are FFMpeg and Virtualdub, both of which can accept AVS files and add additional filters if you wish.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_58 Mar. 23 10.14.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	24235
    Quote Quote