VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I made a copy of a movie and I went to test it through my Blu-ray player by playing it through a hard drive and I keep on getting a warning saying "Video Resolution Not Supported". What is the problem? I haven't copied it any different to how I copied other stuff.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    dvd , bluray or some downloaded video? post the full details from the video.
    What tools did you use?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    dvd , bluray or some downloaded video? post the full details from the video.
    What tools did you use?
    I use MakeMKV and I compress with Handbrake. I've never had this problem before. Another film I'm having problems, it plays but it breaks up with green marks moving around the screen and another film does that except one thing, I never ripped the other film, somebody sent it to me. I thought I caused that break-up until I found the same in the other films. Anyway, that warning I asked about as my point in this post is a strange one. I thought everything compresses with the same resolution when the setting is set to automatic.

All these films play fine in my PC.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Not enough info to go on. If you want help, install MediaInfo and open up a problem file with it. Post back here with everything it tells you. You might also mention your model of BluRay player. I've heard that a few are fussy about resolutions. I'm guessing that you have something that's not exactly 1920x1080 or 1280x720 and it's complaining about that. The person who gave you the video likely removed black bars from it, which makes the resolution less than the ones I listed.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!