VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I've tried several blu ray burning software packages but haven't been happy. Primarily, I want to take HD Tivo files, convert them into plain mpg files (I have the software for that) and then burn them to Blu Ray. I don't care about speed or cost, but I do want a flawless copy that reproduces the picture quality without a jerky picture. The closest I've come is Leawo, but although it frequently produces good results, it's not reliable, with some Blu Rays showing jerky motion. I've also tried DVDFab9 and Cyberlink Powerproducer, with disappointing results. Can anyone recommend a product that might be more reliable for my purposes? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by alleybj View Post
    Hi, I've tried several blu ray burning software packages but haven't been happy. Primarily, I want to take HD Tivo files, convert them into plain mpg files (I have the software for that) and then burn them to Blu Ray. I don't care about speed or cost, but I do want a flawless copy that reproduces the picture quality without a jerky picture. The closest I've come is Leawo, but although it frequently produces good results, it's not reliable, with some Blu Rays showing jerky motion. I've also tried DVDFab9 and Cyberlink Powerproducer, with disappointing results. Can anyone recommend a product that might be more reliable for my purposes? Thanks
    I use ImgBurn to burn TV captures as .mpg data files on BD-R discs, which play just fine. It is a very reliable program and free. ImgBurn only burns. It doesn't author. If you want a Blu-Ray disc with menus, you will need to author your videos with another program first.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Have you tested your mpeg files to make sure that the process of converting them from HD Tivo files to mpeg is not introducing the jerkiness?

You should try TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5 to author your Blu-ray movies. Burn with ImgBurn as already recommended.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks, I have tested the.mpg files and confirmed that the conversion to .mpg is not adding the jerkiness. I'll check out the authoring software that you mentioned. I appreciate it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks, again. TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5 is exactly what I wanted. Good picture quality and no judder. I appreciate it.
    Quote Quote