VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. trying to creat mpg for vcd
    i dont know what im doing wrong but, i convert avi to mpg in the following way

i decompress then vd

in virutal dub i select the follwing options
    full processing, no compression, select 44100, then sav wav

then in tmpgenc,

i load pcm video (the file thats decompressed)
    and load the wav, i select source range, 0 to about half way into avi

then click noise reduction (helps a little)
    then in other settings

audio:- errorcorrection

advanced:- ghost reduction and sharpen edge and full screen keep aspect ratio (dont matter what its in box mode or widescreen)

video:- motion search to highest/slowest

and then sitt back for about 4-6 hours for encoding

now the prob, the quality is ace on me comp but when i burn using nero v 5.5.9.17 and try to play on me dvd player , which does play every type available (excpet avi ) it freezes, loses sounds and get those horrid green squares and sometimes half the screen goes mental

am i missing anything

Please help , as im getting fed up now, me m8's vcd work fine on my dvd player and he uses the excact routine as above
    Quote Quote  
  2. also, im trying the method of fitting 1 hour 30 min movie onto 1 cd, i can get the mpg file down to around 680 megs, by changing the bitrate down from 1150 to around 900 odd, but again when trying to burn using nero it says "this is not the proper format, nero will convert", and it does back upto 1 gig file, it must be converting back to 1150 , so wont fit, im trying to look for the bit that says "non standard vcd" but i cant find it in nero

any help please
    Quote Quote  
  3. SORTED, what an idiot i forgot to select correct template at step 1, silly idiot, aslo i have now worked out how to get 1 film on ONE vcd, just encoded Swordfish, PERFECT quality (ok not quite dvd but as good as), no lip sync probs, no glitchy bits, colour jobs etc, well chuffed and happy

whoever wrote the bitrate calculator need a medal, very clever person
    Quote Quote