VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Help! I'm tearing my hair out!

I want to unlock my DVD player. I've downloaded the relevant software from the Hacks page and it won't work because the firmware needs updating.

I downloaded the firmware from the LG site, followed the instructions, even managed to speak to someone online, but when I insert the CD into the DVD I get the "invalid CD" message.

I've tried this on a USB key, different CD's, and it still won't install the new firmware.

Any ideas before I go bald!

Thanks for reading.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    did you follow the instructions exactly?

Firmware update for DVX482H/DVX492

1.Upgrade to newest program

2. Version : 1.57A

3. How to upgrade firmware
    1)Rename new F/W same as Model name of System information which set displays.
    Delete Version "_Vxx" of new F/W.
    Ex.) LG_DV_LV90......HB_V1.5A.ROM→LG_DV_LV90.......HB.R OM
    2). Insert the burned disc into the Set, after loading disc and when tray is open, take off the disc and
    press PLAY KEY, then, It’s upgrading by itself.
    When upgrading is finished, the Set turn off and on by itself.
    3)Disc upgrade is over.
    including the renaming the firmware file? to something like LG_DV_X492H.ROM
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post

Hi,

The person I spoke to at LG said I had to rename the file to LG_DV_L930B.ROM and that I had to load the CD into the machine which is where the problem is. I don't think their instructions are very clear. Do they mean load the CD into the player then immediately eject it, take it out of the tray, press Play (which means the tray goes back in again and the DVD says there isn't a disc and stops.)

Getting thoroughly confused!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You have to leave the CD in the tray until it loads the firmware then the disc will eject by itself.Take the disc from the tray and the press the play button which will complete the firmware upgrade.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by PICKY737 View Post
    You have to leave the CD in the tray until it loads the firmware then the disc will eject by itself.Take the disc from the tray and the press the play button which will complete the firmware upgrade.
    I keep on getting "Check Disc". It won't work!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have a read HERE and click on the link in the second message.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    That's the software I've downloaded and it won't work because the player needs updating and that's where the problem lies

I've just stumbled upon this thread where the person had the same problem. Looks to me as if it can't be unlocked
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Miss_P View Post
    That's the software I've downloaded and it won't work because the player needs updating and that's where the problem lies

I've just stumbled upon this thread where the person had the same problem. Looks to me as if it can't be unlocked
    not all dvd players can be unlocked. installing different firmware not designed for your dvd player will render it
    useless.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for everyone's help and advice. Having wasted about 8 CD's I'm giving up
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Miss_P View Post
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post

Hi,

The person I spoke to at LG said I had to rename the file to LG_DV_L930B.ROM and that I had to load the CD into the machine which is where the problem is. I don't think their instructions are very clear. Do they mean load the CD into the player then immediately eject it, take it out of the tray, press Play (which means the tray goes back in again and the DVD says there isn't a disc and stops.)

Getting thoroughly confused!
    the rom file needs to be renamed as whatever the player displays as it's model.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Hi guys,
    I stumbled here by accident looking for information on how to update the firmware of my DVX492H.
    I found the solution to the problem and thought I'd post it, maybe you can help someone in the future:
    Rename the file in LG_DV_LV930B72E482HM.ROM LG_DV_LV930B72E482HB.ROM replacing M with B final, so the file will be recognized.

Sorry for my english, I'm Italian.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by blufix79 View Post
    If you know enough to say "I stumbled here by accident" then you are WAY beyond needing to give a false apology for your English. I thank you for the information you provided, but I'm not impressed with your false humility.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by blufix79 View Post
    Hi guys,
    I stumbled here by accident looking for information on how to update the firmware of my DVX492H.
    I found the solution to the problem and thought I'd post it, maybe you can help someone in the future:
    Rename the file in LG_DV_LV930B72E482HM.ROM LG_DV_LV930B72E482HB.ROM replacing M with B final, so the file will be recognized.

Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Originally Posted by blufix79 View Post
    If you know enough to say "I stumbled here by accident" then you are WAY beyond needing to give a false apology for your English. I thank you for the information you provided, but I'm not impressed with your false humility.
    What kind of A***hole replies to people who are trying to assist others in this manner.
    Especially as this appears to be the only clear and accurate advice on the net that actually works. LGs instructions are very vague.
    Last edited by AlonsoX; 3rd Apr 2014 at 13:31.
    Quote Quote