VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Apologies in advance for a question that is slightly off-topic, but as I have noted when posting other somewhat off-topic questions, I have found this forum to be the best for Mac advice with the fastest responses. Moreover, folks don't feel the need to stick with Apple-approved software as I have often found when posting on the official Mac forums.

My laptop wasn't starting and I took it to the Mac store since it's covered by the Apple protection plan. They said the hard drive had 6 bad sectors and put in a new drive. They said they couldn't retrieve any of the data but luckily Carbon Copy Cloner has saved me from a massive level of stress since I had some materials that hadn't been backed up in a month and would require major re-writing.

Anyway, to the question at hand. Carbon Copy Cloner presents a long list of items from my old hard drive, but I can't figure out where I would find the documents and files that were in my Documents folder and on my desktop. Where would I find my Documents folder and where would I find my desktop. Here is a link for a screenshot that includes the types of codes I am talking about in case the question isn't totally clear. Thanks in advance for any help with this.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/screenshot20111219at118.png/
    Quote Quote  
  2. Look inside the "Users" folder. There will be a folder named after your user account. Inside your user account folder will be all your stuff.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. Carbon copy is copying files that I know to be in both places. I appreciate the help.
    Quote Quote