VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone, this is my first time here on this thread and i need help on Re-Capturing a DV tape as i made a project from college using Adobe Premiere CS3 and bringing that project onto a my computer at home, which opens perfectly, but it needs the files.

i thought this was to be an easy job, as all i need to do is re-capture the tape (which i used Scene Detect to seperate each shot needed) as exactly what ive done in college, and yet it shouldnt be a problem if one does go wrong, as it relies on the time code exactly.

so when i open my project, i get all my files on the timeline as i made it out to be, and of course they dont work because there is no actual video captured, so i highlighted the files in my project window and ordered to do a Batch Capture, but when i do this, it says that there is no tape given, which is very weird, dont worry, all the connections and stuff works, i can even capture still, but for re-capturing those files, it doesnt seem to work.

i really need help here and i would really appreciate it if someone can help me as well. i also got the EDL's of each video track, but they wont be too much use as i would have to relink them, and i wouldnt remember them exactly.

i look forward hearing back from u lot
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As you figured out, the Project only save an information linked to original file. Once you relocate or loose the file it is useless.
    Only think I would try to recapture original file to HD and when you open the project it will ask for a file location. Point it to your new download, but if this is different from old one, than it may not work either.
    Quote Quote