VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello all,

I'm using FairUse Wizard v0.93.0 and it is great. I recently backed up 7 movies averaging 2 hours each into DivX. I burned them all onto one Maxell DVD-R. They play fine in my players: RJ-TECH RJ-1500DVXII, Momitsu V880 and LiteOn LVD-2001. However; on my Panasonic PT-56WXF95 TV, the 16:9 movies appear stretched horizontally and squished. Actually, this is normal for my HDTV because it is an older model that locks into full mode when it is fed a progressive signal. Normally, with DVD originals enhanced for widescreen TVs, the anamorphic image is displayed correctly on my HDTV.

My questions to FairUse users are: How do I use the Anamorphic Mode? Will using it provide a work-a-round solution for my situation? Currently my work-a-round method is to switch my DVD/DivX player to interlaced (my HDTV can change interlaced signals) and then select Zoom mode on my HDTV. Everything is displayed correctly but there is a drop in overall quality versus using progressive scan.

More importantly though, the Anamorphic Mode is grayed-out, i.e. not selectable on my paid version. Is there something I should be doing specifically to make it selectable? I've tried various setting changes and not croping the video put it still isn't selectable.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, JH
    Quote Quote  
  2. Sorry, I did a search in another forum and finally ran across a reply that answered one of my questions.

I need to switch to advanced mode to make the Anamorphic Mode selectable.

Sorry about that. I'm going to select it now and see what the output looks like.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well I just encoded a movie with Anamorphic Mode enable and it IS what I'm looking for. The output is stretched up and down, i.e. people look thin and stretched. This also means it is truely anamorphic in that as many scan lines as possible are being used for picture information instead of black bars when played back on my HDTV that locks into full mode. Now, with this anamorphic output, my HDTV can stretch the progressive scan signal and the picture will appear correct (correct aspect ratio)!
    Quote Quote