VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Any time I accidentally hit my wooden desk with my leg or elbow the shockwave travels to the other side of the table to the VCR. From what I have learned VCRs are extremely fragile and any kind of vibration causes drift. Putting a book under the VCR could cause an incline, causing drift. If I put the VCR farther away, say on another table, it's too far from my PC. If I put my DVD recorder under the VCR the heat from the DVD recorder will cause the VCR to overheat. I recorded a tape last night and accidentally hit the table trying to swat a fly. I am tempted to record the same VHS tape again in case it affected the recording. Is it reasonable to do this, or would it be a waste of time? What do you do to avoid this problem?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Scare away the flies before capturing

Seriously: Play and watch the capture around the time when you hit the table, then decide whether it's worth to
    - recapture the full tape
    - recapture the damaged scene only and replace it in the original capture using an editor
    - Depending on the severity of the damage apply a filter to "repair" the damaged section
    - etc.

Only YOU can decide what is adequate.
    Quote Quote