VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think that I'm suffering a brain freeze. Can someone help me thaw that chunk of ice?

I previously posted a thread asking for help to capture streaming video:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/381612-Capture-Streaming-Video?p=2469673#post2469673

I followed those instructions and it worked well. It seemed so simple that I didn't document the process. Today I tried to do it again and can't seem to get it to work. I've followed the instructions that were provided with the GUI but I don't get the window described in step 13. Here are the instructions:
    [1] Start AdobeHDS GUI.exe

STEPS (using Favorites window)
    -----
    [2] Click the FAVORITES button to open the Favorites window.
    [3] Select the Video Title from the list, that you want to download or enter a new title into the 'Basic Video Title' field. Click the ADD button if wanting to store for later, or disable the ADD button (and checks) by selecting the checkbox on left.
    [4] If a Series and Episode title, then adjust the values to suit.
    [5] Click SAVE button (if ADD not disabled) for any changes to currently selected title.
    [6] Make any desired changes to the 'Full Video Title' field.
    [7] Click the SET AS VIDEO TITLE button.
    [8] If ADD button was disabled and wanting to use a web address, then enter a (or modify any existing) URL in the 'Basic Web Address' field.
    [9] Click the GO TO WEB PAGE button.
    [10] Go to that loaded web page in your browser (or any other if steps 8 & 9 skipped).
    [11] Ensure that the 'HDS Link Detector' plugin toolbar button is RED (enabled). If not using it, then use something like URL Snooper and follow its instructions to get the Manifest data on your clipboard, and then skip Step 13.
    [12] Click on the video you want, to start it loading & playing.
    [13] A few seconds after the video starts playing, a message box from the plugin should appear with the Manifest data displayed, which you then click on to add that data to the clipboard.
    [14] Pause or stop the video (or close the web page to do so).

[15] Go back to the AdobeHDS GUI program and click the GET CLIP (larger Clipboard icon) button. This should separate all the data on the clipboard into the proper program input fields.

[16] Click the START DOWN button, and you should shortly see a DOS command window, with detail about the video, and the segments should start downloading, with each segment number being shown as it happens.

[17] If the video is encrypted, and that encryption is supported, then you will see the encryption key displayed after the first segment has downloaded. If not, an error will be displayed and the downloading will stop for all segments.

[18] If no error or encryption issue occurs, then you will see a report on segments being downloaded (etc), either in the DOS console or the program Console.

[19] Once all segments have finished downloading and been joined, then follow the prompts. This may also include video conversion if that was specified in Favorites window settings.

[20] When the process has fully completed, you should see a dialog reporting results.
    Here are screen shots of:
    1. HDS Link Detector in chrome
    2. AdobeHDS GUI main page
    3. AdobeHDS GUI Options
    4. AdobeHDS GUI Favourites

What have I missed?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	adobeHDS.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	40464  

Click image for larger version

Name:	HDS.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	40465  

Name:	options.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	40466  

Name:	fav.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	40467  

Quote Quote  
  2. Member Emeritus
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by cottage View Post
    I think that I'm suffering a brain freeze. Can someone help me thaw that chunk of ice?

Code:
    http://www.hgtv.ca/shows/holmes-and-holmes/videos/holmes-sweet-home-831942723696/
    The above linked video defaults to playback via hls rather than hds. Perhaps previously the default was hds. Download via hls, or change theplatform request to ask for hds or mp4.
    Quote Quote