VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there any way to snap Potplayer to the left/right to fill half the screen? Every other video player does this in Windows 10 so I'm surprised it doesn't by default and I use this feature of Windows constantly.

Also, any way to fix the preview over the timeline so it doesn't move up/down with the mouse?

My only other problem with it is that time skipping is either fast or accurate but not both (depending on if jumping to keyframes is enabled), whereas with VLC and MPC, it's fast and accurate (with jumping to keyframes disabled). I'm assuming there's no fix for this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Right click the screen for preferences under the first one (General) under the first tab (General) there is a snap to edge check box. Mine is not the latest version but unless they removed this feature in later versions, it should work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_208 Jan. 10 23.00.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	40271
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oops, forgot to mention in my original post that I have that checked and it doesn't seem to work. Maybe I should report it as a bug to the developer and hope it gets fixed soon?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. Switching to the Window Frame Skin fixed it. It really sucks that I can't use the skins I want with this feature, but I did set keyboard shortcuts to change between the skins so I can switch when I want to snap the window. Also, I figured out that feature that Budman1 pointed out is actually to make it snap into aligning with the taskbar, etc., not to make it fill half the screen or maximize. Thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote