VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I use an HDHomeRun tumer card to record over the air. I set JRiver to write a .ts file. The resulting recorded file names look like this:

Grey's Anatomy - S2015E08 - Things We Lost in the Fire.ts

But I want the files to look like this (using season number, not year number):

Grey's Anatomy - S07E08 - Things We Lost in the Fire.ts

Is JRiver causing this the use of year number, and if so how do I get it to use season munber.

** Recording with Windows Media Center used to use the season number in the file name.

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Tim5591 View Post
    I use an HDHomeRun tumer card to record over the air. I set JRiver to write a .ts file. The resulting recorded file names look like this:

Grey's Anatomy - S2015E08 - Things We Lost in the Fire.ts

But I want the files to look like this (using season number, not year number):

Grey's Anatomy - S07E08 - Things We Lost in the Fire.ts

Is JRiver causing this the use of year number, and if so how do I get it to use season munber.

** Recording with Windows Media Center used to use the season number in the file name.

Thank you
    We have a few people using JRiver Media Center here, but assuming that you haven't already tried and failed, you might get an answer faster at JRiver's forum. I am currently using Windows Media Center and NextPVR, but never tried JRiver. FWIW, I tried looking at JRiver's website, and while I found no definitive answer there, I found a post in the JRiver forum indicating that file naming depends upon the information that the software has available to it from guide data.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you for looking into my question. Yes, I will contact JRiver directly.

FYI, I previously tried to get NextPVR to work with my tuner card,
    "SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual High Definition Digital Television HDHR3-US"
    but I couldn't get it to work.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Jess us the questions we get
    At least you get file name with the episode title
    All I get are like KCLA-2016216-2100
    I have to go back and edit the whole file name
    Is it so hard for you to edit the file name ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Jess us the questions we get
    At least you get file name with the episode title
    All I get are like KCLA-2016216-2100
    I have to go back and edit the whole file name
    Is it so hard for you to edit the file name ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Tim5591 View Post
    Thank you for looking into my question. Yes, I will contact JRiver directly.

FYI, I previously tried to get NextPVR to work with my tuner card,
    "SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual High Definition Digital Television HDHR3-US"
    but I couldn't get it to work.
    Sorry to hear that. I'm using both NextPVR and WMC with the HDHomerun Prime HDHR3-CC CableCARD tuner. I found setting up NextPVR for the HDHomerun Prime was not too hard except for the grunt work involved in mapping over 200 cable channels to the guide data. It should be much easier to set up and map the guide data to use an HDHR3-US ATSC/Clear QAM tuner for over-the-air.
    Quote Quote