VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I had a discussion with Devernay, the author of Misc OFX
    http://devernay.free.fr/hacks/openfx
    for compiling the plugins separately - they're already available as a bundle with the Natron compositor. He's on a Mac, I have Windows, so I tried but I just couldn't do it. Is anyone here willing to compile the sources and build the plugins individually for Windows x64? Here's the source page at GitHub:
    https://github.com/devernay/openfx-misc

I'll be testing them with DaVinci Resolve, he also looks for testers who use Fusion and/or Vegas, if anyone's interested.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ... (snort) ...
    Quote Quote  
  3. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Nurz View Post
    He's on a Mac, I have Windows, so I tried but I just couldn't do it.
    "I tried but I just couldn't do it" is too vague. Please describe the problem as precisely as possible (warnings, error messages, etc.)

Ideally, the thing should be compilable with MSYS && MinGW-w64.
    Effectively and sadly, many devs who don't know Windows well-enough do stupid things by trying to make their code "Windows-friendly".
    Unless it's absolutely necessary, Visual Studio should be avoided like the plague.
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 27th Jun 2015 at 08:39. Reason: clarity
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    "I tried but I just couldn't do it" is too vague. Please describe the problem as precisely as possible (warnings, error messages, etc.)

Ideally, the thing should be compilable with MSYS && MinGW-w64.
    Effectively and sadly, many devs who don't know Windows well-enough do stupid things by trying to make their code "Windows-friendly".
    Unless it's absolutely necessary, Visual Studio should be avoided like the plague.
    That was a few days back, I can't remember the error messages. I used Visual Studio Express, following the instructions from the above link. I'm out of my waters here, no programming experience. I thought to give it a try, but I got confused. Since I already uninstalled VS, I could look one of these days into MSYS you mention. Thanks for the advice.
    Quote Quote