VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Finally got tired of hoping that each new patch would fix Pinnacle Studio from crashing. I purchased Sony Vegas Movie Sutio+DVD for $59.00 after rebate! I've been messing with it for a few days now and have noticed that mpeg2 and avi files created with Movie Studio+DVD don't play in Windows Media Player 10. Seems like there is an issue with the encoding or something.

I'm not too savy on the whole encoder thing. Does Vegas Movie Studio+DVD come with it's own encoders or is the program using encoders from Windows? How can I check to make sure that the program is using the correct encoders and that they are not corrupted?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sony use a customised version of the mainconcept encoder for Vegas and DVDA. I don't know if this is what they use for Studio, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't. You might not get all the configuration options though.

WMP is not a particularly good reference point for deciding if something is compliant or playable. Use a proper software player such as WinDVD or PowerDVD and see how you fair. Best option - burn to a DVD-RW and play it in a standalone player.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sony Movie Studio does indeed use the MainConcept encoder. And my encoded files play without a hitch in both WMP 9 and WMP 10 and WinDVD Player. Anything unusual happening along the way? When you render, what settings are you using?
    Quote Quote