VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a PAL 1080i .ts which I am trying to convert to 23.976 NTSC. I have done many conversions of this nature, but using megui with this one I am stumped. DGAVCIndex shows this file as 1440x1080 with a SAR value of 4:3 and display size of 1920x1080, profile High, level 4. Anyways, converting the audio to NTSC was easy as usual using eac3to, so it is only the video conversion that is stumping me here. Ideally, I would like to convert this file to 1920x1080 progressive, but a 1080x720 encode would be fine. Using megui, I am able to convert it to 720p, but I am getting some odd artifacts that are not present in the original .ts file. When going through the original .ts file, using MPC, visually it appears that it is 2 interlaced frames followed by on progressive frame, no frame repeats of any kind. Megui is updated and DGAVCIndex are both updated to all the latest release files. I have attached a screengrab showing what one artifact looks like...

I don't think it is my AVISynth script, as it plays fine at 23.976, smoothly with no jitter. It is just the artifacts that are troublesome.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Quote  
  2. Known issue with DGAVCIndex, and interlaced AVC content. It's based on an old libav build, and the author cannot update it unless some problems are fixed in the newer builds with non-linear access (no ETA)

Workaround is using directshowsource() or DSS2() + recent ffdshow build (or Divx h.264, or coreavc pro)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    Known issue with DGAVCIndex, and interlaced AVC content.
    Does the CUDA version have the same problem?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jagabo
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    Known issue with DGAVCIndex, and interlaced AVC content.
    Does the CUDA version have the same problem?
    Nope, it works fine because it's using Nvidia VP2 engine to decode, not the older libavcodec version. (But you need a license from neuron2.net)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Figured as much. But thought I'd check!
    Quote Quote