VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello there, I am trying to convert a few VHS tapes to DVD, but by putting them onto the computer & then editing them with PowerDirector 10. I have hooked up a LiteOn LVC-9016G which is hooked u to the Diamond One Touch VC500. After that, I capture the video through PowerDirector 10 and save it to the computer. Once I am done with that, I edit it and re-burn it to the DVD [I'm using Double Layer'd Which I'm buring 8x] Once I tested it out on the DVD player, It wasn't in color like it was on the VHS tape. Can someone please help me? Can post computer stats if needed.
    Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If the video in the capture file itself (not just the DVD) is in black-and-white, make sure the software is using the correct setting for the connection you are using, S-Video for S-Video and composite for composite. Also make sure that if the tape is NTSC produced/recorded in the US, the software is set to use NTSC-M as the video standard.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    If the video in the capture file itself (not just the DVD) is in black-and-white, make sure the software is using the correct setting for the connection you are using, S-Video for S-Video and composite for composite. Also make sure that if the tape is NTSC produced/recorded in the US, the software is set to use NTSC-M as the video standard.
    We have already tried that, I'm using a program to capture it called EzGrabber, no success. I looked at the options and tried what you said, but no color.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DanteCrowley View Post
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    We have already tried that, I'm using a program to capture it called EzGrabber, no success. I looked at the options and tried what you said, but no color.
    Arcsoft Show Biz video capture is supposed to be included with the Diamond One Touch VC500. If you are using software intended for use with another capture device, then that could be the source of the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  5. We've found the solution. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  6. The solution: Changed it from PAL_M to NTSC_M, and restarted the VCR and Computer, after all that.. The problem was solved.
    Last edited by DanteCrowley; 20th Dec 2011 at 20:20.
    Quote Quote