VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm using the One-Click option with an Avisynth script.

On the Audio Tab under Encoder I selected "FFmpeg AC-3 scratchpad". Under "Encode" I selected Never as I assume this means it muxes instead of re-encoding the audio.

To encode I just drag a 1080i HDTV 25fps MKV with 128Kbps AC3 into the input section then I click Go. Everything comes out fine but there's no sound in the audio. If I then demux the output MKV then play the AC3 file, it DOES have sound so why doesn't it have sound when it's in the MKV?

Here's the source.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by VideoFanatic View Post
    I'm using the One-Click option with an Avisynth script.

On the Audio Tab under Encoder I selected "FFmpeg AC-3 scratchpad". Under "Encode" I selected Never as I assume this means it muxes instead of re-encoding the audio.

To encode I just drag a 1080i HDTV 25fps MKV with 128Kbps AC3 into the input section then I click Go. Everything comes out fine but there's no sound in the audio. If I then demux the output MKV then play the AC3 file, it DOES have sound so why doesn't it have sound when it's in the MKV?

Here's the source.

You can't "stream copy" the original audio from an avisynth script, because it frameserves uncompressed video & audio
    Quote Quote  
  3. The audio isn't mentioned in the script. All I did was drag the MKV into the window and clicked go to encode it & I also entered a script in the config for One Click settings. So Avisynth never sees the audio so surely the video and audio should be muxed together correctly?

If you can't stream copy the audio then what's the point of the One Click setting? It's supposed to (Behind the scenes) create an index file for the MKV & demux the video and audio, encode the video then mux the video with the audio again.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Not sure, I don't really use megui any more and never used one click. Ask in the megui support thread at doom9
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hmm it worked ok on another file

worked ok on your file, I just stream copied audio & video . But the audio section was set to NeroAAC, and Encode: never , not sure if that made a difference.

I'm using development server version of Megui

Try it again using that version ; if it still doesn't work post your log file

(But it's not really "one click" process is it? Not sure what the reason why "one click" is there ..... )
    Quote Quote  
  6. Tried NeroAAC but no difference. What version number do you have and do you have a link to download it please. I did post my problem in the MEGUI doom9 thread but as usual I never got a reply.

I tried the re-encode audio option but still no sound.
    Last edited by VideoFanatic; 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:46.
    Quote Quote  
  7. 2493 development server. There is actually a newer one on the server

options => settings => extra configuration tab => use development update server =>save

options => update (make sure the updates are checked) => update
    Quote Quote  
  8. Do I need to download 2493 development server first before I can use those settings? If so, I can't find that download anywhere. If not, those settings aren't in MeGUI 2507.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I don't know .

Is there an advanced configuration switch anywhere?

Do you have auto update configuration settings anywhere ? Can you select "development" instead of "stable" ?
    Quote Quote  
  10. development server is here
    http://megui.org/auto/

stable server is here
    http://megui.org/auto/stable/

Maybe you can download the core manually and try update the plugins within megui
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by VideoFanatic View Post
    I downloaded your 10 second sample and according to MediaInfo the audio delay is over 1 minute, which is obviously wrong, but that'd be the delay MeGUI is applying because it gets it's info from MediaInfo...... and the end result was MeGUI's output was an MKV with audio which was there but I couldn't hear. MPC-HC also reported the audio bitrate as being 3072kbps, which is similarly, obviously wrong.

Anyway, I don't know if it's the audio delay or there's just something odd about the original audio or, if it's an MeGUI bug, but I demuxed the AC3 audio from the output (or source) MKV, and used MKVMergeGUI to replace the audio MeGUI added to the MKV with the demuxed version, and the resulting MKV seemed fine and the audio bitrate reported by MPC-HC was normal again, and if it was me, I'd probably leave it at that and try to pretend the problem never occurred because that sort of thing can drive you nutty......

If you've got a lot of files to re-encode via OneClick and would prefer to sort the problem out, you might need to report the problem in the MeGUI thread at doom9.

Version 2507 is the latest version on the development update server. It's what I'm using, and if it's what you're using, you're using the most recent version.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Yes, hello_hello is right - the audio is there, but you can't hear it in some players. I never actually played the video, my bad. The audio is audible in ffplay, and you can check in audacity as well. This suggest something is wrong with the mux

But it is something related to his sample, because that process seems to work ok on other files

If you have many of files to encode, you should consider using batch files. Even if it worked properly in megui it would take too long to manually load each file individually (and it's not really 1-click)
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 3rd Jul 2014 at 13:58.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Thanks. No idea why that happened as the 1 minute clip I took the 10 sec clip from, encoded fine!

Got it all working now but there's a few problems. I add a folder of files to encode and they all encode fine however once they've all been encoded, the program crashes. Any idea how to fix that?

Does anybody know what program MeGui uses to index the files before encoding? Because normally (when NOT using MeGUI) I would use DGDecodeNV to index the files then I would use this line my script which gives a frame accurate encoding: DGSource
    However it seems you have to use the following line in place of that line when using MeGUI so I've no idea if this is frame accurate or not: <input>

Another issue is that I ticked the box to use DGDecodeNV and I copied my licence file into this folder: MeGUI_2507_x86\tools\dgindexnv
    However when starting the encode I get a popup saying invalid licence and the encode doesn't start. Any idea how to get DGDecodNV to work properly in MeGUI?
    Quote Quote  
  14. I use MeGUI quite a bit, but I've rarely used the OneClick encoder, however.....

The details of the indexer used should be in the log file. It'll depend on the file type. MeGUI creates pretty detailed log files even for OneClick jobs.
    The log for my test yesterday showed ffms2 was used for indexing, but I don't have DGDecodeNV installed. ffms2 should be frame accurate but I'd imagine if you have DGDecodeNV, MeGUI would use it in preference to ffms2.

For DGDecodeNV licence issues you might need to contact the author. Other than that if you think it's a MeGUI problem you might need to ask about it in the MeGUI thread at doom9. Although you never know, MeGUI might let you know what the problem is via the log file.

The crashing problem is once again a mystery to me as I don't use OneClick. The guy(s) who maintain MeGUI hang out here and Zathor is very helpful. Sometimes he's busy and doesn't appear for a bit, but he always pops in sooner or later.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=151159
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=105920

Unfortunately if you're not already a doom9 member you need to wait 5 days after registering before you can post. Rather silly if you ask me, but sometimes it's easiest to go directly to the one with the ability to fix the problem.

Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    If you have many of files to encode, you should consider using batch files. Even if it worked properly in megui it would take too long to manually load each file individually (and it's not really 1-click)
    You can open a folder full of files with OneClick, so it should be fairly "once click" once it's configured and the setup saved as a OneClick preset, but I don't use it myself so I can't vouch for it's one clickness.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    What do you mean by batch files? In MeGUI all I do is (in 1 step) choose a folder of files to encode and it encodes them. What's quicker than that?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by VideoFanatic View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    What do you mean by batch files? In MeGUI all I do is (in 1 step) choose a folder of files to encode and it encodes them. What's quicker than that?

A batch file is just a bunch of command lines. It's basically what megui is using "behind the scenes". You can look at the megui log file to get an idea of what's happening

The reason it's faster is there is no wasted time on analysis, no indexing, no demuxing, no remuxing if you use something like ffmpeg. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't megui still analyze, encode audio, encode video, then mux in separate jobs ?
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!