VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. recently i've started to video editing with avisynth.

searched over and over the internet and at last got confused using the filters/plugins
    here is some screenshots of the source

Code:

somehoow i could mane to remove the grain to some extent, but that's it. now i've become confused what to do now to improvise.....
    the result

Code:

regarding the source which plugin(s) should i use now to make the outcome an eyecandy?
    as a newcomer in this era, it would be a great help if u provide some sample parameters too. thanx in advance
    Last edited by baunduley; 21st Jun 2012 at 14:28.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Pictures are next to useless. Upload some short (10 second or so) untouched video from the DVD. The crushed blacks probably can't be entirely fixed and they're typical of Indian crap DVDs.

Also, whatever you did made the video noticeably blurry. The grain is the least of your problems.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Pictures are next to useless. Upload some short (10 second or so) untouched video from the DVD. The crushed blacks probably can't be entirely fixed and they're typical of Indian crap DVDs.

Also, whatever you did made the video noticeably blurry. The grain is the least of your problems.
    thanx manono for ur superquick response

i was confused about selecting the appropriate sample. in one scene there is a lot of green shades and another is reddish

so i am posting two different videos.........
    part 1
    part 2
    neway i 've used dvd shrink with no compression setting (vob cutter was creating some problem)to cut these parts.

neway type of help is welcome

thanx in advance.........
    Last edited by baunduley; 21st Jun 2012 at 14:32.
    Quote Quote  
  4. thanks for your information
    Quote Quote  
  5. I only looked at the first one. Your colors are the biggest problems and they seem to change from scene to scene, and are even different on the right side as compared to the left. For example, what I did for the first one doesn't work on the scene at the very end. You might have to go through this garbage scene by scene to try and make it look decent. For the first scene in the first sample I just did this:

SmoothTweak(Saturation=1.3,Brightness=8,contrast=1 .04,Hue1=-7,Hue2=-6)

SmoothTweak is part of the SmoothAdjust filter:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=154971&highlight=SmoothAdjust

And you'll notice that in the before and after pic below, in the after pic, while the right side of the picture might look somewhat normal, the left side has become a little green. You can play with the values to make them as you like:
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	BeforeAfter2.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	12833  

Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    I only looked at the first one. Your colors are the biggest problems and they seem to change from scene to scene, and are even different on the right side as compared to the left. For example, what I did for the first one doesn't work on the scene at the very end. You might have to go through this garbage scene by scene to try and make it look decent. For the first scene in the first sample I just did this:

SmoothTweak(Saturation=1.3,Brightness=8,contrast=1 .04,Hue1=-7,Hue2=-6)

SmoothTweak is part of the SmoothAdjust filter:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=154971&highlight=SmoothAdjust

And you'll notice that in the before and after pic below, in the after pic, while the right side of the picture might look somewhat normal, the left side has become a little green. You can play with the values to make them as you like:
    thanx for your help

i'm very worried about the crushed black in screenshot #2 in the first post. the second video is about that. please help me to fix this too.

earlier u've said "The grain is the least of your problems"..... so what are the other problems?

what other plugin(s) i may use?
    what should be their orders?

i'm not asking for the exact values or parameters..... i just want to know how to fill the parameters?
    (eg. if the video is too dark then try the value 2-5 or if it's too bright then 6-9)

p.s.: i'm just starter, but want to go long..... please draw me a path which i can walk in, when i search in different forums it just feels lost in the desert
    Quote Quote  
  7. To dagnose your problems, use the AviSynth Histograms. To fix them use Tweak, SmoothAdjust, or some color adjusting filters, such as ChannelMixer. To diagnose crushed black and blown whites I also use this combination:

ColorYUV(Analyze=True)
    Limiter(Show="Luma")

And the result is what I see in so many Indian DVDs - the work of utterly incompetent people that don't care at all about the quality of their work.

OK, I looked at the second one. With the guy in the office, I can't make the sky look better without turning everything else greenish. Maybe the sky really is that lavender color? And what works for the guy in the office doesn't work for the fellow in the scenes before.

Smoothtweak(Saturation=1.3,Brightness=-18,contrast=1.25,Hue1=-5,Hue2=-3)

Maybe playing with color correction filters (ChannelMixer, RGBAdjust, etc.) would work better. I just couldn't see spending the day on someone else's video when I have plenty of my own work to keep me busy. No offense intended.

What order? Doesn't much matter, I don't think, although it partly depends on what other filtering you're doing. For crushed blacks you use the Bright part of the Tweak filter (or Brightness in SmoothTweak), or you use the Levels filter (or the SmoothLevels part of SmoothAdjust.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	BeforeAfter3.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	12836  

Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    To dagnose your problems, use the AviSynth Histograms. To fix them use Tweak, SmoothAdjust, or some color adjusting filters, such as ChannelMixer. To diagnose crushed black and blown whites I also use this combination:

ColorYUV(Analyze=True)
    Limiter(Show="Luma")

And the result is what I see in so many Indian DVDs - the work of utterly incompetent people that don't care at all about the quality of their work.

OK, I looked at the second one. With the guy in the office, I can't make the sky look better without turning everything else greenish. Maybe the sky really is that lavender color? And what works for the guy in the office doesn't work for the fellow in the scenes before.

Maybe playing with color correction filters (ChannelMixer, RGBAdjust, etc.) would work better. I just couldn't see spending the day on someone else's video when I have plenty of my own work to keep me busy. No offense intended.

What order? Doesn't much matter, I don't think, although it partly depends on what other filtering you're doing. For crushed blacks you use the Bright part of the Tweak filter (or Brightness in SmoothTweak), or you use the Levels filter (or the SmoothLevels part of SmoothAdjust.
    thak u very much....... for narrowing the filter list.
    " I just couldn't see spending the day on someone else's video when I have plenty of my own work to keep me busy...." its true, i can understand..... but i will bother u again if i get into any trouble doing this
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    To dagnose your problems, use the AviSynth Histograms. To fix them use Tweak, SmoothAdjust, or some color adjusting filters, such as ChannelMixer. To diagnose crushed black and blown whites I also use this combination:

ColorYUV(Analyze=True)
    Limiter(Show="Luma")

thanx for ur valuable time,

now at this point my question is can i apply different settings in different scenes of the the same video?
    i mean the above two clips are from same movie, i have to apply different settings for different scenes to make out best results.
    is that possible in any way?...i'm not bothered about time and effort
    Quote Quote  
  10. now at this point my question is can i apply different settings in different scenes of the the same video
    sure, you:
    1st load your source and assign it to a variable
    2nd split it with trim(...) into as many parts as you need and assign each part to a new variable
    3rd filter each of the parts by applying filters to the variable
    4th join all the parts
    5th return the now joined clip
    see: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/using_avisynth_page_7.cfm
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    now at this point my question is can i apply different settings in different scenes of the the same video
    sure, you:
    1st load your source and assign it to a variable
    2nd split it with trim(...) into as many parts as you need and assign each part to a new variable
    3rd filter each of the parts by applying filters to the variable
    4th join all the parts
    5th return the now joined clip
    see: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/using_avisynth_page_7.cfm
    thanx....
    can all this be done in a single script?
    then how to do the 3rd step properly? i mean how to filter clip1 without clip2 and then the vice versa? i'm a newbie, so i come up with lot of stupid questions....no offence please
    Quote Quote  
  12. Code:
    source = FFMpegSource("Path to file") #loading source
    clipOne = source.Trim(0, -1000) # getting some frames
    clipOne = clipOne.Smoothtweak(Saturation=1.3,Brightness=-18,contrast=1.25,Hue1=-5,Hue2=-3) #filtering clipOne
    clipTwo = source.Trim(1500, 3000) # getting some frames
    clipTwo = clipOne.Smoothtweak(Saturation=0.9,Brightness=-18,contrast=1.25,Hue1=-5,Hue2=-3) #filtering clipTwo
    return AlignedSplice(clipOne, clipTwo) #joining the clips
    you might want to read:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/using_avisynth.cfm
    and
    http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Getting_started
    before meddling with Avisynth to get a general grasp on how things work in Avisynth,..
    Quote Quote