VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello... I'm having a curious problem with VCDEasy that I was hoping someone could help me with. I've encoded 2 TV episodes using TMPGenc to xVCD format. The total running time for the two episodes is around 85 mins and are in NTSC 29.97fps format. I've reduced the CBR bitrate to 1120 and sound to 192 kbps. I've done this so I can fit the 2 episodes on 1 x 80 min CD using overburning. Now, when I go into VCDEasy and add the two MPEG files it gives me an approx CD size of 822 MB. However, when I generate the bin/cue file the resultant bin/cue file is 928MB!! As a result I cannot burn the image onto the CD (I've tried it and it gave me a buffer overflow problem). Does anybody know what might be causing these extra 100 MB to appear in the CD image? If so, how do I ensure that the cue/bin image created is the proper size as shown by "Approximate CD size".

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hello, sorry to follow my own post but I have a bit more info in regards to the bin/cue image created by VCDEasy/CDRDAO. I’ve loaded the .bin image into DAEMON Tools virtual drive and it shows the “CD” to be 928MB. Now, when I play the first video using WinDVD it shows the video to be 46:59 when the original video is only 43:20 long. I haven’t watched the whole video through but it appears to play fine, no sped up sound or anything like that. The second video is curious, WinDVD seems to show the correct time on it’s display until it gets to 32:50 then the displayed time suddenly jumps to 13:47:17! Something I’ve noticed is that when I load the mpeg’s into VCDEasy it shows the correct info in regards to the video but for sound it shows “Audio Standard” when in reality it isn’t, it’s recorded at 192 kbps not 224kbps, the VCD standard.

I’ve read elsewhere on this newsgroup that when creating a non-standard VCD with TMPGEnc it’s best to set the “stream-type” setting under the System tab to “MPEG-1 Video-CD (non-standard)” instead of leaving it to it’s default “MPEG-1 System (automatic)”. Apparently this has been known to cause errors when creating a non-standard VCD.

If anyone could provide any incite into this issue I’m having I’d really appreciate it. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello pals,

Sorry to add a question, not give a reply. I was going to post a new question and saw this one.

I've read on some places in this site that one can burn an 800 MB video file on an 80 minutes CD ROM. Now, I have a 756 MB mpg file. Burning it to a CD with Nero, the dat file size is 868 MB. I created chapters and bin and cue files, the size of the bin file is 879 MB. Burning it with Nero from the cue and bin files, Nero gives me an error message that the burn process failed and playing the SVCD on my DVD player, it stuck towards the end of the movie.

Is it a problem of the large file size? If so, what mpg file size can fit on an 80 minutes CD?

Take care
    Quote Quote