VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everybody. I am new here and I really need some help desperately. I am having a problem with some rendering issues. I record video in .mp4 and bring it into my computer and I can render it to any file format and it looks great, except .wmv. I've used Sony Vegas, Premiere, and a whole bunch of random video converters online and this problem remains across every platform. When I render to .wmv my video gets a very bad orange hue and looks too contrasted and flat at the same time. I've tried looking up everything and I don't know what is the problem. Since it happens with all video editing software I am thinking maybe it's a setting on my computer somewhere? To correct the problem (I've only tried correcting it in sony vegas) I have to use a color corrector to lower the orange, use levels computer to studio rgb, and drop the brightness a bit. Do any of you have any clues on what it going on? I have an HP Envy Phoenix desktop with Radeon graphics and i7 processor. Thank you so much!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try matching the project to the media first. Then if it looks OK in the preview, look for a render template that matches the project.

If that doesn't work, it's probably the file itself. In that case render the MP4 to MPEG2 first, before the NLE. AviDemux is a good utility tool for that.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Maybe you have a playback problem, not a rendering problem. The wrong colormatrix while decoding? rec.709, rec.601, pc.709, pc.601.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/329866-incorrect-collor-display-in-video-playback?p...=1#post2045830
    Quote Quote  
  4. You mentioned trying different conversion programs but not different video players. Try something like MPC-HC or VLC to see if it displays the same way. Which player are you currently using?
    Quote Quote