VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I want to author a standard DVD from a set of >100 camcorder clips, which should go in several tracks with 30 - 50 clips for each track.

I have available and am familiar with the following tools:
    • Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD 5.0
    • TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 with DivX Authoring
    • TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4
    • DVD Flick

Everything works fine so far and I can well author the DVD, but I find that during some moments of the tracks I would like to add some background music. Since the individual clips are very short, the music would span across several of them (but probably not across tracks).

I'm not talking about an entirely separate second audio stream (like for another language), but audio that would be "embedded" into the normal play (maybe at a lower volume).

How would this be accomplished with one of the tools above, or with another one?

Thanks,

w.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm not talking about an entirely separate second audio stream (like for another language)
    But this is the only possibility.
    but audio that would be "embedded" into the normal play (maybe at a lower volume)
    In this case you need to demux the audio from the clips, join them and mix the background music with the original sound (with audio software like audacity). Afterwards, split the mixed audio back into the correct length for the clips, remux them with the video and author again.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi borax,

thank you, I see what you mean. What you say is logical and straight forward, but it also sounds awfully heavy. To your knowledge, is there no authoring tool that would do that somewhat automatically in the background?

w.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    With DVD you cannot have seamless audio across tracks, only across chapters (chapters exist only in a single track). The correct way of doing this is to edit the clips together into tracks in a non-linear editor, add the audio in the editor and mix the levels you need, then output the tracks for authoring.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote