VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. HI, recently I've transferred, something like 20 movies (.mkv files), from one computer to another and all of them, for sure, are damaged (skips in the movies, blurred image sometimes... but the sync is good).
    I tried to use some programs, like meteorite, video repair tool and none of them helped me
    Is there any other solution?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try remux them. Add in mkvmergegui and make a new mkv. No reconversion.
    Quote Quote  
  3. HI, thanks for answer. I treid it, still the same
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DeathToIron View Post
    HI, recently I've transferred, something like 20 movies (.mkv files), from one computer to another and all of them, for sure, are damaged (skips in the movies, blurred image sometimes... but the sync is good).
    I tried to use some programs, like meteorite, video repair tool and none of them helped me
    Is there any other solution?
    Are you sure the original copies were fine?
    One of the ways I would try is to calculate the md5 of the files before and after.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The original copies were totally fine.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried different video players? like vlc media player, smplayer, potplayer. Just to check that it's not a player issue.

And I'm moving you to our general video section. This is not a streaming problem.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I just now tried different video players... still the same
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Trouble shooting starts with

1: Media info ? ... without knowing the answer your not going to go far ... mkv yes, but what bitrate, scale, ect ... you need this first before going further.

2: Computer specs of both systems involved ... find the weak links in hardware if any

3: Original system ... what if any decoders / splitters are installed ... and are these also on the second system.

3: What method was used in the transfer ... normally this rarely matters but is sometimes well overlooked ... there are some lame sync / transfer applications out there which transfer in X bytes per cycle which can cause this problem to appear after transfer.

Collect these details and we'll be more likely to point you in the right direction as to the problem at hand.
    Quote Quote  
  9. bb
    Last edited by DeathToIron; 25th Jun 2014 at 12:33.
    Quote Quote  
  10. bb
    Last edited by DeathToIron; 25th Jun 2014 at 12:34.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!