Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    deleted
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmmm

I have never heard of this "WILDSCREEN" format you speak of.

LOL
    werd
    Quote Quote  
  3. Isn't it when the screen suddenly explodes into fragments that run around the room screaming mad tribal songs?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    maybe we need a link in the Tools section:
    http://www.wildscreen.org.uk/festival.htm lol

but seriously...

TMPGEnc Settings, Aspect Ratio 4:3 could be what you're missing
    "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?" - Mad Max, 1979
    Quote Quote  
  5. Another option you might try if 4:3 fails to produce the desired result would be the "full screen 2" option in TMPGEnc.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I use Tmpgenc to encode. When I do a widescreen movie (DVD rip) I set the source aspect ratio to 16:9 and the video aspect ratio to 4:3 (I have a normal TV). I also use the clip frame to remove all of the black bars (top and bottom). The resulting VCD will be identical to the original in size and will have nice black bars. Hope this can help you.

P.S. Have you tried using Tmpgenc for the encoding part? It does a very good job. This way you could eliminate one tool (Flask).
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure whether the question that I'm going to ask can be relate with this topic. But, I hope someone expert can help me on this.

I have succesfully create VCD from my DV. I was using Premiere, VideoStudio and MediaStudio for editing and encoding. I was using VCDEasy for burning the movie. The movie looks good except that the quality is not as good as if I'm using tmpgenc for encoding. The problem I have on using tmpgenc is the movie will be chopped off on the left and right. I have tried using fullscreen as well as fullscreen keep aspect ratio, but still no luck. I guess I have missed some setup here. I have tried almost all possible setup that I can find here, but still no success to get the whole movie fit in my TV. Any tips from expert will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advanced.
    Quote Quote