VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. ok hi people

A while back i bought some Verbatim DVDR's & DVDRWs, so far i used the DVDRW's without any hickups and first time burns have been successful how ever its another story with the DVDR's.

I have 3 coasters and near the end the movie starts to pixelate and skip

Details are as follows

DVD-R (DataLifePlus)
    Made in Singapore
    Verbatim Corporation
    Burnt 2x
    Recordnow DX
    Pioneer 104, FW 1.30

DVD-RW (DateLifePlus)
    Made in Singapore
    Verbatim Corporation
    Burnt 1x
    Recordnow DX
    Pioneer 104, FW1.30

My question is that what are the differences between the two and also what are the TAIYO YUDEN disks like, are they any better than the above, if you need any more inof plz ask.

thanks for your help

kas[/img]
    Quote Quote  
  2. unfortunately yours is just one of a million other posts against Verbatim and their crappy media. As I said on my first post...Verbatim has crappy media produced NOT ONLY FROM CMC but also from MCC as well.

The first problems I had with Verbatim disks were with the MCC DVD+R disks and NOT the CMC disks. Although I later had problems...MANY PROBLEMS with the CMC disks.

Bottom line is that this just backs up my statements that MCC isn't much better then CMC as some people want to believe.

Now as far as the Taiyo Yudens...man..at this point I don't know how Verbatim is operating..but it's really crappy and extremely shady. Who knows what they are allowing to be produced...I would still HOPE that the Taiyo Yudens would be the best out of all the Verbatim disks....I haven't heard many complaints about Taiyo Yuden in any brand of disk...so I would THINK that they would be the best of all the Verbatim disks.
    Quote Quote